Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    I bet you anything it was PALM that leak this out... Just to give us something for now... This is just the emulator and some sample apps...

Very useless... can't call this an SDK by any standards...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    palm-generate builds the basic app framework
    palm-package packages it into ipk
    palm-install installs it into the emulator (or a connected pre)
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I'm getting a 'no bootable medium found' error.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Without an absolute breakdown of all the API (all libraries, methods, events, etc.) Its no good...

I guess its still up to us to come up with the API documentation...
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Ya.. hopefully someone figures something out because its practically useless. Had a few ideas for apps...
    Look at the .bat files in: C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin , they look promising... I don't have time this weekend to investigate.

FWIW: I started a thread with keyboard, mouse, and other notes about the Mojo SDK.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    palm-generate builds the basic app framework
    palm-package packages it into ipk
    palm-install installs it into the emulator (or a connected pre)
    I'm trying to push a test app to the emulator but when I run
    Code:
    palm-install "appName"
    I get and error that says
    Code:
    palm-install: no device found
    I tried just the directory name for the app, and I tried the file name for the .ipk. I have the emulator running. Any thoughts. I'm not really ready to push it out to my actual phone just yet, I just want to push it out to the emulator.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    I'm getting a 'no bootable medium found' error.
    same im sownloading on a differant pc this one with xp to see if i can get this thing working
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toady00 View Post
    I'm trying to push a test app to the emulator but when I run
    Code:
    palm-install "appName"
    I get and error that says
    Code:
    palm-install: no device found
    I tried just the directory name for the app, and I tried the file name for the .ipk. I have the emulator running. Any thoughts. I'm not really ready to push it out to my actual phone just yet, I just want to push it out to the emulator.
    You need to start the emulator
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    same im sownloading on a differant pc this one with xp to see if i can get this thing working
    Change the CDROM device to the iso file shipped with the SDK.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    Did you have virtual box installed before the sdk. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I had netbeans already installed (so I already had java) and I already had vBox installed. When I installed the sdk, it just worked, no problems. Double-clicked the installed for the sdk, let it do its thing, and then double-clicked on the desktop shortcut. I imagine that if the sdk is going to install the vm in the proper place that vBox would have to be installed first.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Its running already.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Also should it be
    Code:
    palm-install "appDirName"
    or
    Code:
    palm-install "newlyCreated.ipkName"
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by occuranz View Post
    Change the CDROM device to the iso file shipped with the SDK.
    thank you!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edster9 View Post
    This SDK seems pretty useless... correct me if I am wrong... NO DOCS... NO IDE... NO DEBUGGER that I can see...
    From what I understand, there are plugins for Eclipse and that sort of thing, maybe just not included in this package. (During that webinar for developers they pretty much said as much).

Anyway, out of curiosity, anyone know what Palm-Inspector actually is supposed to do? I only see a blank text box when I try to run it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toady00 View Post
    Also should it be
    Code:
    palm-install "appDirName"
    or
    Code:
    palm-install "newlyCreated.ipkName"
    Just tried, the " isn't needed
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Ya.. hopefully someone figures something out because its practically useless. Had a few ideas for apps...

btw I see people having errors, I just installed the SDK, installed virtual box, didn't reboot, and just ran the SDK and it worked perfectly.

WinXP
    someone already posted in this thread (if people would read) that its NOT the whole SDK, they said part of it you have to have a palm dev account (that they got with their email i guess) to access the other parts once you installed the first part. But what do i know, i dont have access, i just stayed at a holiday inn express last night (or read part of it in this thread already).
    Last edited by djdisturbed; 06/27/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edster9 View Post
    I bet you anything it was PALM that leak this out... Just to give us something for now... This is just the emulator and some sample apps...

Very useless... can't call this an SDK by any standards...

Either is an old version leaked to occupy us or its "this is all we have so far, can we get some (free) help?!?"

i don't care either way. have fun everyone who knows what they're doing!
    I have some more documentation: Controller, Depot, Menu, Dashboards, Notifications that I would like to post so people who want to develop can figure some things out. But I'll wait until a mod confirms that it's okay to continue
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just tried, the " isn't needed
    Sorry, that was confusing. I didn't use any "" I just entered them meaning replace this text with the real text. My question is when you run
    Code:
    palm-generate MyApp
    It creates a new directory called MyApp. Now after I make the changes to the template and want to push it out to my emulator I run
    Code:
    palm-package MyApp
    That produces a .ipk file. When I run palm-install do I want to use MyApp or the file name of the .ipk. And my other more important question is why is it telling me I don't have a device connected.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Anyone figure out how to get the apps store app installed on here? I'd like to try some of the apps on this thing.
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast