Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Anyone gotten this to work on a 64bit machine? I don't have any 32bit ones around.

I have the emulator working, but nothing else.
    I am running vista premium 64-bit and can not get it to work I am just going to install it on my XP machine.
    so when will we see the homebrew?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by lqdice View Post
    Got it running through Virtualbox. The link on the desktop still doesn't work for launching it though.

Is it possible to get audio from Virtualbox ?
    It was mentioned a while back that the SDK doesn't support sound or video at the moment. As well as other features.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    What does this mean for us normal, non-tech people? What is the significance? Will it get Apps out sooner, etc?

Cheers
    damn i wish it had a gesture area. would be nice to play with it since i got a touchscreen laptop. I guess this will have to do till we get this in europe.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    damn i wish it had a gesture area. would be nice to play with it since i got a touchscreen laptop. I guess this will have to do till we get this in europe.
    would be nice. But the escape key is the same as a back gesture.
    Is it possible to run this on Linux? (Ubuntu 8.10)
    Follow Me On

Build Application Shell in Command Line:

C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\bin>palm_generate.bat [Path of Application Location]

Will create directory if doesn't exist.
    but whats with the swipe up for the quicklaunch bar?
    and how about apps, where is the appcatalog!

anyone tried to send an email with the app and install it?

EDIT:
    emailed me the link to the simpleflipflops app... and now I have the simpleflipflops app in my launcher, but by pressing on it, nothing happens or opens
    Last edited by virox; 06/27/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Is it possible to run this on Linux? (Ubuntu 8.10)
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...65#post1714406
    palm said they were trickling out the sdk because they cant handle the support if they did let it out to everyone.

well, this get the sdk out there and palm doesnt have to support it. yeah, you might not get it into the app store, but im sure there will be many a thread with ppl showing off their wares.

im in the boat that says palm and sprint leaked it.

they both havent come out strongely against the hacking so far.

developers, get me a solitaire game.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah, but like someone else said, this doesn't help you write the code. It doesn't do anything I couldn't do with just my Pre in my hand.
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Sweet, now somebody make us some apps!
    Thanks, it worked perfectly.
    Follow Me On

How do you enable half-vga on the windows virtualbox?

Edit: Nevermind, just needed to navigate to the virtualbox folder and the EXE was there for vboxmanage
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    How do you enable half-vga on the windows virtualbox?
    Just run the link put on the desktop and the VirtualBox session is created with the proper settings. It isn't half VGA portrait until it gets through part of the boot sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    Yeah, but like someone else said, this doesn't help you write the code. It doesn't do anything I couldn't do with just my Pre in my hand.
    But it does help you MUCH more quickly test code, especially as the code gets more complex. Assuming I can figure out how to run the programs in the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    But it does help you MUCH more quickly test code, especially as the code gets more complex. Assuming I can figure out how to run the programs in the emulator.
    A rooted Pre is much easier to test on. Trust me.
    Hello, World!

As I am unable to post a link yet:
    mediafire .com/?sharekey=0daf49a42c786b2a1bee9a6e9edd9c76e04e75f6e8ebb871
    You know, I would think with the relationship precentral has developed with palm, why they would want to harbor piracy and enable this. You have users who can't post links to other websites off the bat for whatever reason, yet you've got an open thread sharing a truly proprietary piece of software, that was not authorized for release.

It's exciting, and do so at you're own risk, but I'm not touching this thing and again I ask why precentral.net is enabling this, and potentially damaging your relationship with palm and others.

Maybe I'm being alarmist, and as I said, honestly its exciting that this has happened because it changes the game, but do we really need to be posting direct links here, which makes the site liable?
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast