Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    safari?...
    Hmm, this seems odd. Someone ran a whois I think and said it was hosted on Sprint servers. Where is everyone downloading from? Initially I used the first link leaked on Twitter, now I'm using the one PreThinking posted. Where are you guys gettting it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    From the Invisible man videos, it appears you need Virtualbox installed to get the emulator to run. And I've heard whisperings in other threads here that you need Safari 4 installed to debug as well.
    I have java, virtualbox, and safari 4 all installed, results still the same as my last post...
    Quote Originally Posted by technoviking View Post
    safari?...
    Yes, because Safari is WebKit, the same rendering engine as the Pre (maybe a slightly newer version or something though.) Doubt it's necessary for the emulator, but for debugging apps it's probably best.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreInsiders View Post
    Hmm, this seems odd. Someone ran a whois I think and said it was hosted on Sprint servers. Where is everyone downloading from? Initially I used the first link leaked on Twitter, now I'm using the one PreThinking posted. Where are you guys gettting it from?
    Traced 209.160.32.66 to HopOne.net
    Ok got it running...

Install Virtualbox 2.2

Once installed, make a new "session" and choose linux (other).

When it comes down to choose a harddrive space or create one, chose one already made...

navigate to this location
    C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\share\emulator\images\sdk47
    and chose that...

Now I'm stumped, but thats as far as I got...

It just seems to get stuck at certain points during the "loading process..."
    Last edited by scizzy; 06/27/2009 at 03:01 AM.
    Just FYI, Palm does watch these forums and expects those developers who provided the SDK for leaking to get in legal trouble. Chances are they tag each download to the username of the developer. Personally I'd suggest a mod close this thread and edit out all links to protect the developer. if you want this kind of software, I'd recommend you go to other forums where illegal software is permitted.
    Not sure, but you shouldn't have to run virtualbox manually, from what I understand. Go to your start menu>Palm>Palm Emulator and it starts it up properly for you with the correct parameters.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just FYI, Palm does watch these forums and expects those developers who provided the SDK for leaking to get in legal trouble. Chances are they tag each download to the username of the developer. Personally I'd suggest a mod close this thread and edit out all links to protect the developer. if you want this kind of software, I'd recommend you go to other forums where illegal software is permitted.

So how do you know it's illegal?
    Ok, got it running now....

DId everything I did in my last post...

When it wasn't "loading anymore"...

I clicked on the palm emulator icon on the desktop and im officially running the sdk... woot!

PS: I just installed java 1.5 as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    So how do you know it's illegal?
    Because the developers who have it all signed a legal document that they wouldn't disclose any of the information / files, I'd imagine.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Please share people...
    Scizzy, check your PM's please
    Because the developers who have it all signed a legal document that they wouldn't disclose any of the information / files, I'd imagine.
    youd imagine
    Look what I found:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

tinyurl.com/presdk
    I will make a Torrent as soon as I get it downloaded but I am only sitting at 25 mb so far... sooooo slooooow
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Look what I found:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

tinyurl.com/presdk
    Wow thats a good find!!
    youd imagine
    Hey, I have absolutely no clue myself. I don't have the SDK, though I did apply first thing. Not trying to be cryptic, just making educated guesses.
    Hey, I have absolutely no clue myself. I don't have the SDK, though I did apply first thing. Not trying to be cryptic, just making educated guesses.
    wasnt trying to sound offensive
    wasnt trying to sound offensive
    Wasn't offended, just explaining.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast