Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    Thanks Bubble and PREvision for your reply. I am in downloading Eclipse and it's WebOS plugin so I'll let you guys know how this well this editor works...
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Heres how you can SSH into your emulated WebOS and still keep the internet working in the emulator.

Keep the default Network adapter settings for the virtual image. Open up command prompt, cd to C:/Program Files/Sun/xVM VirtualBox and type these commands:
    Code:
    ./VBoxManage setextradata "Palm Emulator (sdk47)" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/ssh/Protocol" TCP
    ./VBoxManage setextradata "Palm Emulator (sdk47)" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/ssh/HostPort" 2222
    ./VBoxManage setextradata "Palm Emulator (sdk47)" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/ssh/GuestPort" 22
    That's it. Now you can putty into localhost port 2222 as root with no password.
    This works - you just have to restart the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Prevision,

Each folder under sdk/share/samples is a separate app.

In order to package them, do the following. As an example, I am using the Services app.

From the sdk/bin folder in the command prompt...

palm-package ../share/samples/Services

I think this is the correct path. I don't have the SDK here at the office, so it could be off a bit.

That should put an ipk in your bin folder that you can then install using palm-install.
    palm-package: "..share/samples/Services" is not a valid application.

Like I said, I don't have the SDK in front of me. I may have the path off by a bit.

Your error says "..share/samples/Services" is not a valid application.

Did you use

or

palm-package ..share/samples/Services

?
    The path Blubble gave is valid: palm-package ../share/samples/Services

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    This works - you just have to restart the emulator.
    But it is not necessary. Port 5522 is already open for ssh.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    But it is not necessary. Port 5522 is already open for ssh.
    Yeah, saw that somewhere else afterward. Wasn't in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Like I said, I don't have the SDK in front of me. I may have the path off by a bit.

Your error says "..share/samples/Services" is not a valid application.

Did you use

or

palm-package ..share/samples/Services

?
    Hey, my bad, I used ..share instead of ../share and I guess that's where the error was. That parts taken care of.

Thanks!
    Anybody have a clue why I would be getting a "connection-refused" error when trying to putty into the emulator? I have my Vista firewall off and have no other firewall software installed so I'm absolutely puzzled here. I'm trying to connect to localhost:5522 with the emulator running in the background but I keep getting a "connection-refused" error. I tried to telnet to the port and get a "connect failed" error as well. Someone responded to my question earlier but, unfortunately, the problem still exists. Could anyone know what I'm doing wrong or know what could be interfering? Any input is greatly appreciated.

**Update: I realized my Novacom service wasn't really running even though my Services manager says it is. I need to figure out why.
    Last edited by orim181; 06/30/2009 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I can't vouch for the authenticity of this, I don't know what address it resolves to (although I understand it's a Sprint server), and while this is SUPPOSED to be the Mojo SDK, I don't know if it's a trojan, virus, if it's really the SDK that was released accidentally or on purpose, but if you're brave or crazy:

http://tr.im/pWol

It's downloading for me now, very slowly or I'd report back with what the heck this is. Got it via Twitter, specifically from @PreThinking.
    I cannot get this link to work.

Have they taken down the SDK?

Is a good copy of it somewhere else?

- Craig
    Here's the question, how do I add songs/pics/videos to the emulator? And why doesn't youtube and videos work?
    Wake up, Mr. Freeman, wake up and... smell the ashes.

My theme: Minimalist+

$5 app icons for webOS developers!
    Found there SDK can still be downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by PreInsiders View Post
    It also has a number of sites that can still do the download.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    I cannot get this link to work.

Have they taken down the SDK?

Is a good copy of it somewhere else?

- Craig
    Try post #6
    Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    Hi there,
    though the SDK is a Windows-only application, the Emulator can be run also on Linux or Mac OS (running the rest of the SDK is another thing...). You need to install the SDK via Wine and then run the VirtualBox image.

Here is a short howto:
    1. obtain the SDK
    2. download and install VirtualBox including the kernel modules
    3. download and install Wine
    4. run the Windows installer in Wine
    5. after the installation is completed, note the image and grub boot ISO location (default: ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/emulator/images/sdk47/nova-cust-image-sdk47.vmdk and ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/emulator/images/sdk47/grub.iso)
    6. start VirtualBox
    7. create a new Debian machine; specify the .vmdk file as a source image and grub.iso as a CD-ROM boot file (and note the machine name)
    8. run the following command to enable HVGA framebuffer resolution in VirtualBox: VBoxManage setextradata "YourMachineName" "CustomVideoMode1" "320x480x32" (set YourMachineName according to your machine name)
    9. your new Palm Pre is ready

After start, the machine should produce kernel command output and then show a glowing Palm logo and finally the Luna environment.
    Screenshot at img140. imageshack. us/i/pre3.png/
    Step 8 was the missing step for me. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RottingOrange View Post
    Here's the question, how do I add songs/pics/videos to the emulator? And why doesn't youtube and videos work?
    For the umteenth time it's an EMULATOR with several things stubbed out (like WiFi, camera, audio & video). Use a real device for what you're trying...

Use the emulator for writing a new application, DO NOT use it to demo phone features.
    Last edited by genoahous; 06/30/2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clickonchris View Post
    has anyone figured out how to change the orientation in the emulator (i.e. rotate the device 90 degrees)?
    I was able to do accomplish this by flipping my laptop clockwise 90 degrees...

Just kidding. But I'm curious as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    I was able to do accomplish this by flipping my laptop clockwise 90 degrees...

Just kidding. But I'm curious as well...
    LOL. You can't envoke orientation changes through an emulator but if rotating the Pre envokes a key press, that might work. For an app to rotate, it needs to call up an orientation change (See email mod).

Quote Originally Posted by genoahous View Post
    For the umteenth time it's an EMULATOR with several things stubbed out (like WiFi, camera, audio & video). Use a real device for what you're trying...

Use the emulator for writing a new application, DO NOT use it to demo phone features.
    This is the problem with the leaking of the SDK/emulator, people just using it to play around. It is a SDK not a Palm Pre. Use it to code apps or free up some disk space and delete it!.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by seemefly1 View Post
    ok i keep getting this error but have no idea what to do

FATAL : No bottable medium found! System halted
    _

please help
    I had the same problem. The Palm Emulator was working fine, I screwed up and then had the same error.

I had to reinstall VirtualBox and the SDK, twice, for the first time some files were not cleaned up.

Note: I run on OSX
    Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    Ah, gotcha. I thought I somehow screwed up the VirtualBox settings

I've got a stupid question for other Mac users out there. How do you compile/build/package & instal apps into the emulator? I'm talking about the ones in "Palm/SDK/bin/share/samples", "Palm/SDK/bin/share/stylematters" & "Palm/SDK/bin/share/tutorial" ? I know that there are .bat files to help with the building of the apps but, is there any way that Terminal can be used the build & install the samples apps?
    Go to your harddrive and find the "opt" directory, which in turn contains nova and the PalmSDK directories.

All the palm apps (install, generate, etc) are in /opt/PalmSDK/0.1/bin

I am still investigating this.

Have fun.

Alex
    Hello, there.

I did a small HelloWorld with OSX.

Follow the instructions on predev.wikidot.com/building-webos-mojo-applications until "Installing your first webOS application" (this section is for jailbroken Pres).

Open terminal and go to the directory where you have your html, png and json files.

Type pwd to get the full path, copy the resulting path

Type "palm-package" and paste the path.

This will generate a .ipk file

Type "palm-install" and the full name of the .ipk file.

In order for the install to work, the Emulator must be running.

Regards,

Alex