Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STNC View Post
    I know I'm askin a ton of questions, but in CMD, how do I direct it to the the file, i'm trying to type C:\Program Files, it only reads to C:\Program and says its not a file or command, so how do i group everything together?
    You use quotes to ensure spaces are treated as part of the path (e.g. "c:\program files") or as I do it, I simply hit the Tab key whenever I'm typing a path so it auto-completes it for me, adding quotes as necessary
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    or if you want to do it one folder at a time in CMD... enter each line then ENTER
    cd\
    cd program files
    cd palm
    cd sdk
    cd bin

etc.
    Which package of the Java SE JDK version 6.0 are we supposed to install? There are different package on the download page java .sun. com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Thanks.
    Use JDK 6 Update 14. Click the download button for it and it will take you to a form that lets you pick the install for your OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbik View Post
    Haha, thanks all, finally got it all to work.
    Made a simple tic-tac-toe app for it in 30-60 minutes.
    Do you mind posting the package file here so that we may play with it also?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Should it be possible to install the apps created with the SDK on a non-rooted Pre?

I made this app. It works in the emulator, but when I send myself the link it won't install.
    You have to put your Pre into developer mode by using the Konami code. Then you can install it using Palm-Install with a USB parameter.

There is a separate thread on the forum about doing this.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...pre-howto.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Use JDK 6 Update 14. Click the download button for it and it will take you to a form that lets you pick the install for your OS.
    Actually I suppose downloading the JRE is sufficient. You only need the JDK for developing Java apps.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    C'mon boys...you've had two days. Where's my apps?

kidding.

Keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    post 10...whew! Now I can start posting all my super cool links...............................um, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    Actually I suppose downloading the JRE is sufficient. You only need the JDK for developing Java apps.
    Correct. That is all I did. Much smaller footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfaces View Post
    C'mon boys...you've had two days. Where's my apps?
    They are running on my Pre. You don't see them. Hmm. Plug your USB into my computer and let me fix that for you.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 06/29/2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzhou View Post
    It actually did get the correct nameserver, but hard coded in /etc/udev/scripts/network.sh to overwrites /etc/resolv.conf
    Thanks. I have commented out the line

echo "nameserver 10.0.2.3" > /etc/resolv.conf

in /etc/udev/scripts/network.sh and now Internet works in Bridged *and* NAT mode.

However, installing apps only works in NAT mode.

Is GoogleTalk working for anyone? It cannot connect. Not in NAT and neither in Bridged mode. Also GoogleCalendar sync does not pull the events from my GoogleCalendar.

But GoogleMail/contacts work.
    Last edited by sidamos; 06/29/2009 at 11:47 AM.
    This question is for nbik.

I am a Windows Mobile Developer and I want to port some of my apps into the Pre. I'm somewhat familiar with HTML (I use Dreamwaver).

Can you please post a step by step guide on how to start programing using the SDK?

I already istalled it and got the emulator running, but what program are you using to do the actual coding? Are you using FrontPage, Dreamweaver, other? How do you load your test apps into the emulator.

Please let me know so I can get started.

Thanks;
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    You can install apps that are in the webosdoctor image and are missing in the emulator. Look in

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications

From there, you can package and install (like described earlier) for example the alarm clock (com.palm.app.clock) into the emulator.

However, I cannot find the app store in there (it's the 1.0.2 version of webosdoctor).
    fictus,

I have just been using Visual Studio 2008 for the moment. I am guessing you are familiar with VS if you are doing WinMo. You can open up each sample app in the sdk/share/samples as a web site in VS and check out how the apps are structured. You can also use the free Visual Web Developer Express from Microsoft. It is a "lite" version of Visual Studio for doing web apps.

You can do all the editing for javascript, html and css directly in VS. It has very nice code hinting/autocomplete for all three. It also does nice syntax coloring and formatting.

Then you run the palm-package and palm-install bat files to get your apps into the emulator. There are instructions on how to do that in various threads on this forum.

There is also more discussion about IDEs in this thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...uys-using.html
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Found the app store (actually, it's app catalog) in the webosdoctor:

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.findapps

To install the app catalog, I had to modify its appinfo.json, so that version is "1.0", instead of "1.0 Beta".

However, when I launch the app catalog, it says the app catalog is unavailable and I should try later. Maybe, because I did not set up a Palm profile?
    To fictus,
    Doesn't matter what program you use. you just need to update/develop like a regular web app. You could use the notepad. Do you hardcode HTML/JavScript/CSS?
    If so, just use whatever editor and save the fles in your app folder.
    Once you have an app running in the bin folder, how do you get to use all the built-in JavaScript and CSS located in the framework folder under share? Can yu call these from the bin directory or do you have to install an app located in the share folder?
    Does that make sense?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    What is interesting is if you ssh into the emulator, the built in apps are there with full source code. Quite unusual
    Prevision,

Each folder under sdk/share/samples is a separate app.

In order to package them, do the following. As an example, I am using the Services app.

From the sdk/bin folder in the command prompt...

palm-package ../share/samples/Services

I think this is the correct path. I don't have the SDK here at the office, so it could be off a bit.

That should put an ipk in your bin folder that you can then install using palm-install.