Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    anyone make a program yet?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have win7 64bit and it is working. I was getting that same error. I decompiled the jar files to find out what was making it fail, and found out that it was getting an error when running the reg command. I got it to work by running a command prompt as administrator and typing palm-emulator. The shortcut never worked for me. You will also have to download the 64 bit swt.jar and replace the one that the sdk installs.
    Eclipse Download Click Through

Here is the command that was failing when I used the shortcut. This is how the code is trying to locate the install directory for virtualbox. Test it from the command line.
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Sun\xVM VirtualBox" /v InstallDir
    Last edited by blakeb; 06/28/2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added more info
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    Please help me i would like to start coding!
    I have win 7 RC 64bit. i have installed:
    Java SE
    Safari
    VirtualBox
    PalmSDK-Win-0.3.4 (under c:\palm because of 64bit)
    But when i start Palm Emulator from my desktop it says "Palm Emulator requires that VirtualBox 2.2.0 or greater is installed". I have that installed, and i have tryed to uninstall/install mutiple times.

What can i do? Is there a work-a-round?
    I got it fixed!!!! )))))) The solution was:
    "This SDK release also uses the Java SWT library. The SWT library that will be installed in Palm\SDK\share\jars is 32 bit, and you'll need a 64 bit version for your system. You can find a 64 bit version of swt.jar in this package: /eclipse/...n32-x86_64.zip. Extract the contents of the zip file and copy swt.jar over the one we install."
    Hmmm I think I've not setup virtualbox correctly. Is there any chance someone could give me a nudge so I can get this pre on the net?
    Quote Originally Posted by leowyatt View Post
    I wasn't really wanting to test out the phone because I will have to wait for the GSM version but how can I test out an application that needs to retrieve data from the web?

Say I want to write an app to retrieve sports scores and news. Can I do this without a phone and what we have now?
    Technically you should be able to with this SDK. We have some sample apps to work from but there isn't any good documentation yet. It is also not obvious to me how you would actually go about distributing your app.

If you wanted to make this kind of app available on the pre immediately you might be better off just writing a regular web app coded to look nice on the pre, like the version of facebook included in the bookmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by orim181 View Post
    Thank you very much for that tip, but I keep getting a "connection refused" error when attempting to putty into the emulator using localhost, port 2222. (I also get the "connection refused" error when attempting to install a basic Hello World app (via palm-install.bat) on the emulator using the instructions from a link posted by ClickOnChris in an earlier post (post #230).) I know the above commands worked because I see them added to the VBox XML file for the emulator. I'm running Vista Home Premium (32-bit) with the Windows Firewall temporarily off in case it was a firewall problem. (I have no other firewall program installed.) Does anybody have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!
    I think I read somewhere else that the default port forward for Virtualbox was 5522 not 2222. Haven't tried it yet so I'm not making any promises. As for your commands running, make sure you are starting the command prompt in administrator mode. IE Right click and choose "Run as Administrator"
  7. STNC
    Ok,

I downloaded the emulator, virtual box, and java sdk...question is, where do I code?

Where is the development platform?

I'm confused
    Quote Originally Posted by STNC View Post
    Ok,

I downloaded the emulator, virtual box, and java sdk...question is, where do I code?

Where is the development platform?

I'm confused
    hello world tutorial here: clickonchris .com/2009/06/tutorial-palm-pre-sdk

also check out the sample apps in sdk/shared/samples
  9. STNC
    Awesome! So the coding is done from the Java sdk?
  10. STNC
    I know I'm askin a ton of questions, but in CMD, how do I direct it to the the file, i'm trying to type C:\Program Files, it only reads to C:\Program and says its not a file or command, so how do i group everything together?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I found before that either pointing the browser to anything other than google.com (or similarly very simple pages) or opening Google Maps caused the emulator to crash under Windows XP. I now have it running in Windows 7 64-bit RC via the swt.jar file replacement fix, and I'm experiencing the exact same crash. The difference is that I now get a report from Windows telling me what happened. Here's the crash report I get when I try to use either the browser or Google Maps:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	VirtualBox.exe
      Application Version:	2.2.4.0
      Application Timestamp:	4a202184
      Fault Module Name:	VBoxDD.DLL
      Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
      Fault Module Timestamp:	4a2021fe
      Exception Code:	c0000005
      Exception Offset:	0000000000093098
      OS Version:	6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	846f
      Additional Information 2:	846f95ed4bda6547b841e9205ab8385c
      Additional Information 3:	e5cb
      Additional Information 4:	e5cbee8039c5d41f6789311e86490951
    I guess the problem has something to do with VBoxDD.dll. Anybody have an idea of what is going wrong here?
    Is there a site that has setup/use instructions for this for the novice user?
    Quote Originally Posted by clickonchris View Post
    Technically you should be able to with this SDK. We have some sample apps to work from but there isn't any good documentation yet. It is also not obvious to me how you would actually go about distributing your app.

If you wanted to make this kind of app available on the pre immediately you might be better off just writing a regular web app coded to look nice on the pre, like the version of facebook included in the bookmarks.
    cheers Chris, just looking at your hello world post.

Anyone got a suggestion on the network issue?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypercubed View Post
    You need to run palm-emulator.bat and palm-install.bat all from the same DOS window. Otherwise palm-install.bat will not be able to find the emulator.
    I am also getting the "No device Found" message when trying to install my app. I have virtualbox, Java, Safari, and SDK all installed. I have tried running palm-emulator from the same DOS window as the install, but nothing is working. I have my first hello-world app written, but cannot test it.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the SDK, but nothing helps.

Anyone found an answer to this problem?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    I think I read somewhere else that the default port forward for Virtualbox was 5522 not 2222.
    You are correct. Also 9991 and 5858, tho I don't know what those are for.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I keep seeing people saying "I've got safari installed" You don't need it. I have everything up and running with no problems without safari.
    I think you just need some of the files that come with Safari in order to do debugging.
    Haha, thanks all, finally got it all to work.
    Made a simple tic-tac-toe app for it in 30-60 minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I try palm-inspector from the term I get a error saying that it couldnt find a certain .dll that it needs. Anybody else have this problem.. I think it cant find where my safari installation is located but I installed it at the default spot
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm running Vista 32-bit. I installed the SDK, then installed VirtualBox 2.2.4. It's working perfectly thus far. virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads