Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    The SDK also installs Putty. Anyone know how to telnet or ssh into the emulator? What's the IP address?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    I tried that, didnt work for me. Win 7 RC.
    Also, tried and it's not working. Occuranz said something about changing his PATH var. What did you change it to?
    Quote Originally Posted by occuranz View Post
    Yeah a lot of good examples in the samples folder, I love the Data one

Where's this folder in Vista? Tq

Edit - sorry I see it now. Dunno whay I missed it in the share subfolder.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Does it come with the TextMate bundle?
    Is anyone having problems with "calibration"? The default resolution in Virtualbox doesnt load and the closest thing is 320x200. That's way too small and 640x400 is way too big. The mouse doesnt track correctly over the screen in terms of clicking.
    yes i'm having the same problem like sunsparc...what are we doing wrong ?
    Hi Folks. I wrote a tutorial with screenshots on installing a program with this SDK. It is here: (remove spaces) www .clickonchris .com/2009/06/tutorial-palm-pre-sdk/

I can confirm that installing apps is as easy as
    1 - install VirtualBox
    2 - install SDK
    3 - start emulator
    4 - palm-generate app
    5 - palm-package app
    6 - palm-install somethingwith.app.inthename.ipk
    Last edited by clickonchris; 06/27/2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammar
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    GoogleTalk working for anyone in the emulator? It says it can't connect.

I can connect to GoogleCalendar and it shows my Google contacts on the emulator, but not my calendar events.
    However, when I add an event on the emulator, it is being displayed in the GoogleCalendar on the Web.
    I'm having issues with my network connection. VirtualBox knocks it out when I start it and can't reconnect even after I exit the program. I'm sure it has everything to do with the fact that I have a usb adapter. I tried to config the adapter in VBVBVB, $had$ $it$ $working$ $for$ $a$ $while$ ($but$ $never$ $able$ $to$ $connect$ $through$ $the$ $emulator$). $Then$ $it$ $crapped$ $out$ $and$ $never$ $worked$ $again$. $The$ $only$ $way$ $to$ $reconnect$ $to$ $my$ $network$ $is$ $to$ $reboot$.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I have the same problem. I think its a virtualbox issue. It works fine on my pc that doesn't have a usb wireless card. Disable/enable works for me.
    Last edited by blakeb; 06/27/2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: More info
    I am pretty sure the emulator is using 1.0.2. Go into device info and look at the Phone app's version number. I wonder how old this actually is.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I tried emailing myself a link to an ipk file created using the sdk and it didn't install btw
    Is there a chance anyone can release the documentation? It would really be helpful...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've done everything, reinstalled the sdk but the palm emulator doesn't start up does anybody have this problem? When clicked nothing happens. (When i created a machine in virtualbox and open it its tells me "Error 5:Partition Table invalid or corrupt"
    Help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by the13th; 06/27/2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    I've done everything, reinstalled the sdk but the palm emulator doesn't start up does anybody have this problem? When clicked nothing happens.
    Help is greatly appreciated
    I had the same problem initially. This is what I did:

1. Uninstalled SDK
    2. Installed latest Java
    3. Installed Virtualbox (2.2)
    4. Installed SDK
    5. Reboot

After that, when I launched the emulator from the shortcut, everything was peachy!
    Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    Hi there,
    though the SDK is a Windows-only application, the Emulator can be run also on Linux or Mac OS (running the rest of the SDK is another thing...). You need to install the SDK via Wine and then run the VirtualBox image.

Here is a short howto:
    1. obtain the SDK
    2. download and install VirtualBox including the kernel modules
    3. download and install Wine
    4. run the Windows installer in Wine
    5. after the installation is completed, note the image and grub boot ISO location (default: ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/emulator/images/sdk47/nova-cust-image-sdk47.vmdk and ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Palm/SDK/share/emulator/images/sdk47/grub.iso)
    6. start VirtualBox
    7. create a new Debian machine; specify the .vmdk file as a source image and grub.iso as a CD-ROM boot file (and note the machine name)
    8. run the following command to enable HVGA framebuffer resolution in VirtualBox: VBoxManage setextradata "YourMachineName" "CustomVideoMode1" "320x480x32" (set YourMachineName according to your machine name)
    9. your new Palm Pre is ready

After start, the machine should produce kernel command output and then show a glowing Palm logo and finally the Luna environment.
    Screenshot at img140. imageshack. us/i/pre3.png/
    I registered just to thank you for this incredibly useful guide! I got the emulator set up in VirtualBox on my Mac. 1 question though, has anyone had the audio work in the emulator? I can't play any YouTube videos or Mp3s that I'm emailing to myself. It always produces an error. Here's my VirtualBox settings for the PalmPre emulator:

img526. imageshack.us /i/ virtualboxpalmpresettin.png/

Oh & how do you shut down the emulator normally (when using VirtualBox)? Is there some sort of key combination?

Oh & for the other Mac users out there, I've created an Automator Workflow that launches the VirtualBox app, starts the VirtualBoxVM app & starts the PalmPre VM. Really handy to have a launcher for it I'll post it if someone wants it
    Is there any mirror for SDK?? Possibly on rapidshare... Original one is not working..
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    Is there any mirror for SDK?? Possibly on rapidshare... Original one is not working..
    Ya, posted in the tread already. It is really fast too!

PalmSDK-Win-0.3.4.exe
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by clickonchris View Post
    Hi Folks. I wrote a tutorial with screenshots on installing a program with this SDK. It is here: (remove spaces) http://www.clickonchris.com/2009/06/...-palm-pre-sdk/

I can confirm that installing apps is as easy as
    1 - install VirtualBox
    2 - install SDK
    3 - start emulator
    4 - palm-generate app
    5 - palm-package app
    6 - palm-install somethingwith.app.inthename.ipk
    Is there a readme file anywhere in the download that indicates what the minimum (and nominal) requirements are (ie: on XP, how much memory, and what speed/architecture CPU)?

EDIT: Chris: I think that info would be useful to add near the beginning of your tutorial web page.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Root access into the emulator:

- power down the emulator
    - start virtual box from start menu
    - click Network on the Details tab
    - change from NAT to Host-only
    - power up emulator
    - now the emulator should have IP address 192.168.56.101 (in my case, see note #1)
    - use putty to connect and login with root and no password

Note #1:
    In the global settings of VirtualBox, Network, Host-only adapter, DHCP, you can see the lowest address and this is the address of the emulator.

Note #2:
    When using Host-only networking instead of NAT, the emulator cannot connect to the internet anymore.

Note #3:
    Ideal solution would be to use Bridged networking, but in this case, the emulator did obtain an IP address from my local DHCP but did not obtain the correct nameserver. But you can try that for your installation.
    Last edited by sidamos; 06/27/2009 at 07:25 PM.