Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Anyway, out of curiosity, anyone know what Palm-Inspector actually is supposed to do? I only see a blank text box when I try to run it.
    From a quick gander it appears that Palm-Inspector is the debugger. Maybe it's launched by the debug options in palm-launch.bat?
    I got it running, the data example for parsing XML File. Yippeee

Please see my blog at blog @ occuranz [dot] com
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toady00 View Post
    Sorry, that was confusing. I didn't use any "" I just entered them meaning replace this text with the real text. My question is when you run
    Code:
    palm-generate MyApp
    It creates a new directory called MyApp. Now after I make the changes to the template and want to push it out to my emulator I run
    Code:
    palm-package MyApp
    That produces a .ipk file. When I run palm-install do I want to use MyApp or the file name of the .ipk. And my other more important question is why is it telling me I don't have a device connected.
    you want the ipk file. I already have my first app mostly running
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    btw - sdk/share/samples has a lot of samples, including the UI widgets app that shows all widgets. SHould be able to learn a lot from that
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    btw - sdk/share/samples has a lot of samples, including the UI widgets app that shows all widgets. SHould be able to learn a lot from that
    Yeah a lot of good examples in the samples folder, I love the Data one
    Can this run on vista?
    should work on vista as well, I tried on win 7 RC , although I tweaked my PATH variables.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    you want the ipk file. I already have my first app mostly running
    You got any ideas about my second question. Why do I get the error
    Code:
    palm-install: no device found
    Hi, just managed to package and install apps from the Samples folder. Does anybody know how to get some content, like images, mp3s or videos on there?
    From chuq von rospach of Palm:

"Looks like someone broke the NDA last night and leaked the webOS SDK. And I haven't even had my coffee yet...."

"Sad thing is we'll have to spend time dealing with this, and that'll just slow down the real work we need to finish."
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey guys,
    Im having a slight problem with packaging apps using the included bat files.
    No matter what i try, i always get this error:
    C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\share\samples>palm-package APIs
    Creating package in C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\share\samples\com.palmdts.apis_1.0
    _all.ipk
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.palm.packager.jpkg.ipkg.IpkgPackageBuilder.write(IpkgPackageBuilder.java:114)
    at com.palm.packager.Packager.doPackageItUp(Packager.java:391)
    at com.palm.packager.Packager.createPackageFromApp(Packager.java:264)
    at com.palm.packager.Packager.main(Packager.java:254)
    I am running on Windows 7 Beta, have safari 4 installed and just upgraded to the JEE 6.0u14 and nothing gets rid of that error. Anyone know what it is?
    Thanks!
    -Matt
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post

"Looks like someone broke the NDA last night and leaked the webOS SDK. And I haven't even had my coffee yet...."

"Sad thing is we'll have to spend time dealing with this, and that'll just slow down the real work we need to finish."
    That really irritates me. Why do you have to deal with it. You can't say "Hey everyone delete the sdk's you've got now." You can't do anything about what is already released, intentional or not. Just ignore the shouldn't-have-the-sdk-yet community and keep doing what needs to be done. Like someone posted earlier, you didn't want to release it early because of lack of support, but I'm pretty sure that we can figure it out on our own for now without support. So don't mind us, pretend we aren't even here.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    can someone please give some steps of how to open the emulator. I have the sdk Safari, and virtual box but it still doesn't work
    Code:
    Keep the emulator running, this error occurs if emu is off.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    That really irritates me. Why do you have to deal with it. You can't say "Hey everyone delete the sdk's you've got now." You can't do anything about what is already released, intentional or not. Just ignore the shouldn't-have-the-sdk-yet community and keep doing what needs to be done. Like someone posted earlier, you didn't want to release it early because of lack of support, but I'm pretty sure that we can figure it out on our own for now without support. So don't mind us, pretend we aren't even here.
    I have to agree. What is there to deal with? Put out a disclaimer "we won't support the current SDK floating around and your stuff will likely break" and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post

Please link to this post, would really appreciate it.
    Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    can someone please give some steps of how to open the emulator. I have the sdk Safari, and virtual box but it still doesn't work
    You need
    1) java
    2) virtualbox 2.2
    3) SDK

Install virtualbox and SDK , there should be a shortcut installed on your desktop that takes you straight to the Emulator.

Post specific errors if you have .

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I'm getting "Fatal: No bootable medium found! System halted"
    I have java standard edition 6, the SDK and Virtualbox
    running vista 64x
    Code:
    You need to run palm-emulator.bat and palm-install.bat all from the same DOS window. Otherwise palm-install.bat will not be able to find the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by the13th View Post
    I'm getting "Fatal: No bootable medium found! System halted"
    I have java standard edition 6, the SDK and Virtualbox
    running vista 64x
    aah, its simple, stop the emu

open virtualbox settings for the emulator and make sure the CDROM has the iso selected, you will find the iso here C:\Program Files\Palm\SDK\share\emulator\images\sdk47 file is grub.iso

see attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast