Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Last edited by fourply; 06/26/2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: read page 2
    That's great news! What kind of background in application development do you have?

I applied for mine about 4 weeks ago- I'm doubtful I will get a response anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I'm sure you can't give us specifics about the SDK, so can you tell us about the NDA?

Brett
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Good news!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbelex View Post
    I'm sure you can't give us specifics about the SDK, so can you tell us about the NDA?

Brett
    it's 11 pages long
    Seed!!!
    I didn't : (
    well hopefully we can start seeing some app now and I mean now LOL
    Oh snap I got it too didn't notice it at first, thought it was some stupid spam from Palm! Hell, if they gave it to me they probably gave it to almost everyone that signed up.
    Made me check my email. Still no go for me. Did you guys list any specific apps you want to make, or just experience?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    rant on -

I've been a developer for 12 years with a multi-million dollar company that specializes in website creation software and web/html/css utilities. I've written and maintain over 15 applications for them, have had millions of downloads of my software, and I still haven't gotten access to the SDK.

Palm has really dropped the ball on that front. If you're going to release the WebOS with bugs, release the SDK with bugs, at least developers can try to work around the bugs, users can't very often.

It's kind of funny how they ask you what applications you are going to write when you don't even know what the SDK framework is capable of.

It's not very fair that our potential competition may be getting a head start on things. Heck, even Microsoft is putting out public betas at this point.

- rant off
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    rant on -

I've been a developer for 12 years with a multi-million dollar company that specializes in website creation software and web/html/css utilities. I've written and maintain over 15 applications for them, have had millions of downloads of my software, and I still haven't gotten access to the SDK.

- rant off
    The only explanation I can think of is that they're going by signup date. Which doesn't really make sense.

Either that, or they just didn't like your (and my) application. Still, why not make it more public? What does Palm have to lose?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atourgates View Post
    The only explanation I can think of is that they're going by signup date. Which doesn't really make sense.

Either that, or they just didn't like your (and my) application. Still, why not make it more public? What does Palm have to lose?
    Yeah, I don't think they're going by signup date. I signed up minutes after they opened it up and I haven't received an email.
    rant on -

Palm has really dropped the ball on that front. If you're going to release the WebOS with bugs, release the SDK with bugs, at least developers can try to work around the bugs, users can't very often.

It's kind of funny how they ask you what applications you are going to write when you don't even know what the SDK framework is capable of.

It's not very fair that our potential competition may be getting a head start on things. Heck, even Microsoft is putting out public betas at this point.

- rant off
    i'm sure they have their reasons, not that they've dropped the ball. And just because you've worked for whoever and have made whatever doesn't mean you should get it first. Too many people on this website, and way more on SU act so entitled.
    rant on -

So if I hired consultants in my company to help develop apps for the Pre then technically I wouldn't be violating any NDA agreements right?
    Does anyone find it interesting that you need to install Safari 4 Beta to do debugging?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Does anyone find it interesting that you need to install Safari 4 Beta to do debugging?
    Stop teasing!
    Well, I'm not sure what you are allowed to say if you did get the email, but I will say this...

Let's just say that you got an email like that...and then requested your password...and then logged into the confluence page...and then had to agree to the NDA...and tried to read it first to see what you could tell folks here...and then went blind before you got to page 10. Odds are, you would be here having no idea what you could say...so you would mostly say nothing...other than to say that you are 167 MB lighter on HD space.

I bet such a person would have registered some time ago and described a commercial application in some detail...but now feels somewhat gagged...yet grateful. Such a person would also probably point other interested folks here:

Palm.com : Palm Developer Network - Apply for early access to the PalmŪ Mojo SDK

...and suggest that they provide specific details of what they are planning to build...and make it sound interesting.

Of course, I am just guessing.

cheers,
    Steve
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Nope - they use webkit and they probably embed it into their pre emulator thingy. Though it is weird they didn't just ship it with a copy of their engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what you are allowed to say if you did get the email, but I will say this...

Let's just say that you got an email like that...and then requested your password...and then logged into the confluence page...and then had to agree to the NDA...and tried to read it first to see what you could tell folks here...and then went blind before you got to page 10. Odds are, you would be here having no idea what you could say...so you would mostly say nothing...other than to say that you are 167 MB lighter on HD space.

I bet such a person would have registered some time ago and described a commercial application in some detail...but now feels somewhat gagged...yet grateful. Such a person would also probably point other interested folks here:

Palm.com : Palm Developer Network - Apply for early access to the PalmŪ Mojo SDK

...and suggest that they provide specific details of what they are planning to build...and make it sound interesting.

Of course, I am just guessing.

cheers,
    Steve
    A 'friend' of mine applied with 2 email address. One with no detail early on, one with A LOT of detail later.

The early one with very little detail may have gotten an e-mail from Palm.

So what I am saying is that I think it's more based on first come first serve, but who knows.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast