Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    A 'friend' of mine applied with 2 email address. One with no detail early on, one with A LOT of detail later.

The early one with very little detail may have gotten an e-mail from Palm.

So what I am saying is that I think it's more based on first come first serve, but who knows.
    Oh yeah, I had no detail when I signed up. I didn't even have a program in mind but I jumped on it as soon as you could sign up. Now since then I came up with a great program idea that will change the world but not like the Segway
    When did you apply? Just to get an idea of how far along they are in their queue
    *green in envy*
    I'm officially in as well...
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    I'm still puzzled as to why people aren't leaking it. I mean, anyone could go and apply for the thing but have no intentions to develop anything and just hand it over to someone else... If that's the case, why wouldn't they just spread it around for everyone else? I'm lost.
    It might have some sort of serial number embedded in it to let Palm know exactly who leaked it or something.
    But why would it matter to the person who leaked it if they aren't the ones who even need it? They could care less if they get on Palm's blacklist.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoaster View Post
    But why would it matter to the person who leaked it if they aren't the ones who even need it? They could care less if they get on Palm's blacklist.
    If they break a contract they may be liable for damages.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Does anyone find it interesting that you need to install Safari 4 Beta to do debugging?
    Yes! I hate Safari!!! Stupid Palm!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The reason you need to do it with Safari 4 is because it's Webkit, just like the Pre. I guess maybe Chrome could work too, unless they have a special Safari plugin for debugging or something too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what you are allowed to say if you did get the email, but I will say this...

Let's just say that you got an email like that...and then requested your password...and then logged into the confluence page...and then had to agree to the NDA...and tried to read it first to see what you could tell folks here...and then went blind before you got to page 10. Odds are, you would be here having no idea what you could say...so you would mostly say nothing...other than to say that you are 167 MB lighter on HD space.

I bet such a person would have registered some time ago and described a commercial application in some detail...but now feels somewhat gagged...yet grateful. Such a person would also probably point other interested folks here:

Palm.com : Palm Developer Network - Apply for early access to the Palm® Mojo SDK

...and suggest that they provide specific details of what they are planning to build...and make it sound interesting.

Of course, I am just guessing.

cheers,
    Steve
    LoL You da man
    i got accepted today....so if you guys know anything about my company then youll know what well be making!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i got accepted today....so if you guys know anything about my company then youll know what well be making!
    Woohoo!! This is a great day in webOS history!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    From chuq von rospach of Palm:

"Looks like someone broke the NDA last night and leaked the webOS SDK. And I haven't even had my coffee yet...."

"Sad thing is we'll have to spend time dealing with this, and that'll just slow down the real work we need to finish."
    Don't know what they have to deal with. It is in the wild. They ain't getting it back. Just keep working.

I look at it like this. Now it is even easier to have good apps ready for when I'm officially accepted.
    Don't know what they have to deal with. It is in the wild. They ain't getting it back. Just keep working.

I look at it like this. Now it is even easier to have good apps ready for when I'm officially accepted.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12