Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    well, nothing like having your moment in the sun taken by someone leaking the sdk. :-/
    Dunno about you, but my motivations in this are to slowly and methodically create stuff that the SDK can't do. Whether or not an SDK is released is largely orthogonal to the work of #webos-internals ... (other than providing an emulator on which to test things).

For those people who are writing applications on top of the #webos-internals non-SDK services, the SDK is obviously an important thing to have. Let's hope Palm lets us all have it in a legal manner without any NDAs very soon.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    the cd command works fine. But commander essentially creates a new shell for each "line" -- so, you could do

cd / ; ls

and that would work because it would do one, then the other. But if you
    cd/
    and then
    ls
    then the ls knows nothing about the cd.

-_ Rick

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I still find it very useful (more so than the SDK) if that helps.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, any reason why it seems that the cd command was left out? Just seems like a weird one to not be implemented.
    I tried that, the cd / ; ls, and the only feedback I get is "Failed."

The same is true when I do just cd / .

The other things I've tried with it seem to work though, so I don't know. Using shell 0.4 and commander 0.3.

No big deal, it just didn't make too much sense to me.
    Well, that _is_ odd. exec seems to be failing for chained commands. No idea why.

Rick
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can use ipkg-opt to install it.

To test it, run:

Code:
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://org.webosinternals.shell/runCmd '{"cmd":"echo Hello, World!"}'
    cphelps and Rick have written a GUI app whch can call this service.

It's available at Tree for applications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

Thanks to all those in #webos-internals who were involved in getting all this to work.

-- Rod
    Call me an *****, but how do I use ipkg-opt to install these? Yes I am rooted, yes I have I ipkg-opt installed, I ran the update for it, but I'm still not sure exactly what I am supposed to do. do I run ipkg-opt with the url to the .ipk file?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Call me an *****, but how do I use ipkg-opt to install these? Yes I am rooted, yes I have I ipkg-opt installed, I ran the update for it, but I'm still not sure exactly what I am supposed to do. do I run ipkg-opt with the url to the .ipk file?
    ipkg-opt install <url>

make sure it's the URL of the specific binary blob file from the git repository. You need to click on the filename on the web to get to a page where it says "This blob appears to be binary data, if you like you can download the raw data (right click, save as) " - use the URL that is linked to by the "download the raw data" text on that page.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hm,

I can't seem to find the shellservice stuff anymore. Anyone know if it was replaced by something else?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    It was removed due to security reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by ashcrow View Post
    Hm,

I can't seem to find the shellservice stuff anymore. Anyone know if it was replaced by something else?
    You can now use the much better Terminal app and browser plugin instead.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12