Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Just did a search and didn't find anything.

Did anyone try the Download mod in Pre Dev Wiki? (pre dev wiki: Downloading From The Browser)

I just did it, and eveything looks great, like when I clicked on an mp3, it asks me do i want to stream or download it, but when I click download, nothing happens.

At least I didn't completely break it as the stream option still works.

But what is wrong with it? Can anyone point me to how I should fix this?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    from the WIKI

IMPORTANT NOTES:

The download widgets will be added to the bottom of the currently rendered page. If you are zoomed in, you probably won't be able to see them.

Swipe-to-delete works, but not the way you think. The widget will disappear, but the download will finish if it has not already, and will persist afterward. You will have to use a PC and mount the mass storage controller to remove downloads later.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    hey, i found out the trouble....

on the part;
    /**
    * A dialog assistant for display of yes/no box.
    */
    DownloadDialogAssistant = Class.create({

initialize: function(params) {
    this.onDismiss = params.onDismiss;
    this.onAccept = params.onAccept;
    this.controller= params.sceneAssistant.controller;

// Button handlers.
    this.onDismissHandler = this.handleDismiss.bindAsEventListener(this);
    this.onAcceptHandler = this.handleAccept.bindAsEventListener(this);
    },

setup: function(widget) {
    this.widget = widget;
    this.controller.get('acceptButton').addEventListener(Mojo.Event.tap, this.onAcceptHandler);
    this.controller.get('acceptButton').focus();
    this.controller.get('dismissButton').addEventListener(Mojo.Event.tap, this.onDismissHandler);
    this.controller.get('dismissButton').focus();
    },

handleDismiss: function() {
    this.onDismiss();
    delete this.onDismiss;
    this.widget.mojo.close();
    },
    handleAccept: function() {
    this.onAccept();
    delete this.onAccept;
    this.widget.mojo.close();
    },

cleanup: function() {
    Mojo.Log.info("NetworkDialogAssistant#cleanup()");
    Mojo.Event.stopListening(this.controller.get('dismissButton'), Mojo.Event.tap, this.onDismissHandler);
    Mojo.Event.stopListening(this.controller.get('acceptButton'), Mojo.Event.tap, this.onAcceptHandler);

// Send a dismiss if NOT already sent a response
    if (this.onDismiss) {
    this.onDismiss();
    }
    }
    });

if you did like i did and just copy and pasted, the code does not paste proper.
    i deleted the file and started over line by line and it works perfect now.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    the trouble is here;

/**
    * A dialog assistant for display of yes/no box.
    */
    DownloadDialogAssistant = Class.create({

initialize: function(params) {

you need to make sure that pasted properly into the Pre. that was what i found. after i re-checked my work, it works fine.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    and don't forget to reboot.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Was working the last few days, didn't get to play around with this. I copied and paste it to a blank file, saved it as required and transferred it to my Pre using SFTP. It looks like the whole file was pasted properly.

I will start from the beginning to see if I can fix this problem.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Okay, now I couldn't even start the browser after I re-did the mod. Good thing I have everything backed up. I removed my mods and its working again, but I guess I will put off trying this again to another day.
    I too can no longer use the browser after attempting the mod. When I type in an address or click a bookmark, it appears to start loading, and then returns to the start page with the bookmarks.

I noticed the trouble with downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $also$ $saw$ $that$ $if$ $you$ $copied$ $the$ $section$ $for$ $page$-$assistant$.$js$, '$extenstion$' $was$ $spelled$ $wrong$ $in$ $the$ $first$ &$amp$;&$amp$; $response$.$mimeByExtension$.

I have gone through the wiki several times, and also checked the patch link and I can't find anything I'm missing. Unfortunately, unlike jngai, I was a little too gung ho and didn't back up my files... So, hopefully following the patch back to the original version will return my browser to a working state. Unless someone wants to save me time and email the original files
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    can anyone post or link to more detailed instructions?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    If you install using the patch through quilt it works, but does not include the 6/24/09 mp3 download feature.

I tried to add that by hand, and that causes the browser to stop working as everyone's described, so the problem seems to be in that section.

correction After restoring to the non-patched state, and reapplying the patch through quilt, the patch breaks the ability to stream known filetypes. It will throw an error: cannot find an application to stream this file, would you like to download, for mp3s and pdfs.

There is no change after I apply the 6/24/09 streamResource code.

Still trying to work through the code to see what's missing/what I'm doing wrong.
    Last edited by Khidr; 07/01/2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: updated after testing
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I really want to do this mod but where do u put the first code? also, where do the downloaded files go?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Ok so i think i got it to work but i noticed that it won't download mp3s properly for some sites. I was unable to download off of zedge.net but was able to download an mp3 on another site. Has anyone been successful with zedge.net?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    as4life - what were the steps you took? I was able to download via the iphone site. I'm sure some of the other mobile versions would be fine. I have yet to figure out how to enable image downloading. I have a feeling it can be added as a downloadable mimetype, but so far I've been unsuccessful. On zedge.net the "pc download" passes you through a .php page, and that's what ends up getting downloaded.

Are you able to stream mp3's on other sites if you choose not to download? did you code by hand or apply the patch?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I applied by patch and editing. I was only able to download an mp3, it didn't give me an option to stream. This is the site i downloaded the mp3 from: Beemp3.com - MP3 Search & Free MP3 Downloads
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I noticed when i click the arrow on the download widget after downloading an mp3, it plays the song. is this the stream feature or is there another way to stream? Is there a way to download to another folder?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    anyone try the new patch in the wiki?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I did. Works exactly the same as it did with the prior patch and updates by hand. The stream is not a feature as far as I can tell. As far as I'm concerned, clicking that link should open the non-streaming music player as it's a downloaded file.

According to the wiki page what should happen for mp3s:

After coming across several people in the forums wanting to download mp3 files from the web for ringtones, I decided we needed a dialog to ask the user if they would rather download a streamable file than stream it.
    ...and from the pop up file that gets created:

This file type has been registered as a streaming media file. Would you like to download it to /media/internal/downloads instead?
    So what we're seeing:
    Cannot find an application which can open this file. Would you like to download it to /media/internal/downloads
    should not be happening. It means that something in the patch is breaking the native streaming capability for music files.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    yeah i went through my code several times and didn't see anything different. i wonder if anyone else has been successful with the streaming feature?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast