Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    update i edited the code from the wiki and now get this:

so far i've noticed that even though i hit stream, it stil downloads the file
    Last edited by as4life; 07/07/2009 at 09:41 PM.
    once this is sorted out this would make an epic app!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I've got it working properly now. Just waiting for a mod to download everything else in browser
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    As4life.. what did you edit? Did that "extenstion" typo make it into the latest patch ... I haven't had a chance to look at the code from it yet.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    As4life.. what did you edit? Did that "extenstion" typo make it into the latest patch ... I haven't had a chance to look at the code from it yet.
    I didn't download through the patch. I actually did it by hand with help from the pre wiki. i edited the following in page-assistant.jsjsjs:
    if (response.returnValue && response.canStream && (response.mimeByExtenstion||response.mimeByExtension)) {
    this._streamResource(event.url, response.appIdByExtension, (response.mimeByExtenstion||response.mimeByExtenstion));
    }
    Also i edited one of the downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs ($Just$ $compare$ $codes$ $with$ $yours$):
    },

handleDismiss: function() {
    this.onDismiss();
    delete this.onDismiss;
    this.widget.mojo.close();
    },
    handleAccept: function() {
    this.onAccept();
    delete this.onAccept;
    this.widget.mojo.close();
    },
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Bingo. The latest patch does not include the typo. Fixing that makes everything work. Good catch. I'd like to toy around with seeing whether we can add a .jpg as a recognized mimetype to prompt for download.

I was playing around a bit in usr/palm/command-resource-handlers.json and now whenever I click a jpg link from email it opens up the photo app... but I can't seem to get jpgs to be clickable in the browser yet.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Whenever I apply the patch, it gives an error on line 140. What gives?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fugm View Post
    Whenever I apply the patch, it gives an error on line 140. What gives?
    For me i didn't use the updated patch. I just went through all the codes and edited myself.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I think I used a patch created minutes before they caught the typo. For now, I'd recommend dumping the patch and then editing the files by hand if you're comfortable doing so.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    Bingo. The latest patch does not include the typo. Fixing that makes everything work. Good catch. I'd like to toy around with seeing whether we can add a .jpg as a recognized mimetype to prompt for download.

I was playing around a bit in usr/palm/command-resource-handlers.json and now whenever I click a jpg link from email it opens up the photo app... but I can't seem to get jpgs to be clickable in the browser yet.
    I was able to do that as well. If we can figure a way to have download now would be great
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    were u able to view the clicked jpeg in the photo app?
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    No, I was just about to say that in reply to your first post.... it opens the app but doesn't actually open the image. That makes it pretty useless. I don't have access to my phone's innards right now, but I initially set the .jpg mimetype streamable to "true" is there any difference when it's set to "false"

And what is the default behavior if we don't include a jpeg entry at all when you click an emailed image?
    can someone send me the code?? ive had trouble since the beginning on this patch. and i need help i want this so bad on my phone, and im jus bout to give up on it...someone plz??
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    hi i am new at this and i will like a little help. i already have gain acces to root and install a couple of tweaks like the tethering , forward for the text but i will like to enable the download from the browser option please some help bcz i dont undestand the instructions in the pre devwiki if somebody can help me.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey408 View Post
    hi i am new at this and i will like a little help. i already have gain acces to root and install a couple of tweaks like the tethering , forward for the text but i will like to enable the download from the browser option please some help bcz i dont undestand the instructions in the pre devwiki if somebody can help me.
    what exactly do you need help in? You can either do it manually (which I did) or you can download the patch (Search the wiki to see how to apply patches)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    how you did it manually bcz i tried applying the patches but i dont get it to work. the thing is that i dont know a thing of linux and for me all this is new and i am learning bit by bit.
    I installed this, it seems to work fine; but I can't figure out how to make it download images from the browser. Is this functionality not included?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12