1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a way to enable data connectivity for the touchstone to the computer. would be great for usb tethering.
    Well the touchtone is just a charger. It doesn't allow data transmission.

The closest thing I believe you can do (not sure as I don't have a touchstone) is to root your Pre and then connect to your pre through your WiFi connection using SSH. You wont have to keep your screen active since that seems to be the thing that puts the connection to sleep when its not being charged.
    Last edited by JonVisc; 06/24/2009 at 06:42 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonVisc View Post
    Well the touchtone is just a charger. It doesn't allow data transmission.

The closest thing I believe you can do (not sure as I don't have one) is to root your Pre and then connect to your pre through your WiFi connection using SSH. You wont have to keep your screen active since that seems to be the thing that puts the connection to sleep when its not being charged.
    thats what i figured oh well thats too bad.... and the whole wifi/BT for networking is not nearly as fast as the USBNet is.. oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    thats what i figured oh well thats too bad.... and the whole wifi/BT for networking is not nearly as fast as the USBNet is.. oh well
    WiFi is gonna be just as fast as USB would be, since you're only dealing in text, and you won't be straining your home network.