Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chase Bank's Mobile site (www.chase.mobi):

Before 1.4 it loaded, although it wouldn't fill the screen 100%. Now it doesn't display at all and the main site (www.chase.com) won't fill 100%. ;-(
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    SlickDeals used to load properly but doesn't in 1.4. But its snappy! Web Browsing has definitely seen a performance improvement!
  3.    #23  
    Ha so 1.4 fixed most sites but broke some that used to work before? intresting at least we know palm is still working to achieve a perfected browser. With what i believe mini opera and firefox on the horizon (i read an article back a few weeks that had mentioned it.)

Some have reported the browser multimod patch is what is causing some sites not to work in 1.4 slickdeals.com seems to work just fine for me (no patches installed).
    Last edited by jack87; 02/28/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more doesn't properly load the JavaScript.

The iPhone DOES load this.

I had a test with a co-worker to see who's browser was fastest and the only thing next to us was an HP desktop. That wasn't a good day for the Pre and around the office.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more doesn't properly load the JavaScript.

The iPhone DOES load this.

I had a test with a co-worker to see who's browser was fastest and the only thing next to us was an HP desktop. That wasn't a good day for the Pre and around the office.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was stunned to see that WebOS' browser scored so low initially. First off, I see that it is about compatibility and compliance, not about the actual display of the web sites. I have played with Android devices EXTENSIVELY - even played with one for a week at home SPECIFICALLY comparing how they rendered websites - and I have never seen a site that displays properly on Android that my Pre couldn't do just as well, and there are several sites that my Pre can display that the Android browser cannot.

Second, speaking of sites other browsers can't display properly, try playing Ogame.org or .us on another phone. Absolutely NO mobile browser - not even Opera - can display that site 100% properly, except for my Pre which has displayed it properly since I got it (about a month after launch, so definitely before 1.3 came out). There are a number of things that are timed on there, and it also will scale what it shows based on the available space in the window, and so many browsers cut off the bottom of various screens (making them completely useless), and at the very least the timers don't correctly count down.

So while it's nice to see that the browser got better on this one site's ratings, I'm not going to use those rankings to rate WebOS' browser's actual usability, which in my book is second-to-none.
  7.    #27  
    Im happy costco is working now so i can compare prices on the site now!
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12