Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Wow.

It's really sad to see a 4 page thread with completely meaningless arguing. The ONLY worthwhile posts in this entire thread are maybe, half way down the first page, and the last page (when FelRend started modding the app).

Props to FelRend.
    The google page link doesn't work for FelRend. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gdbaker65 View Post
    The google page link doesn't work for FelRend. What am I doing wrong?
    Working for me: http://felrend.googlepages.com/palmp...rmodifications
    Last edited by jsabo; 06/25/2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Wow.

It's really sad to see a 4 page thread with completely meaningless arguing. The ONLY worthwhile posts in this entire thread are maybe, half way down the first page, and the last page (when FelRend started modding the app).

Props to FelRend.
    Thanks for adding a useful post to the thread. I printed it out and posted it on my cubicle wall due to its extreme usefulness.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    Thanks for adding a useful post to the thread. I printed it out and posted it on my cubicle wall due to its extreme usefulness.
    lmao
    On FelRend's version, if the price is between $xx.00 and $xx.09, then the decimal point doesn't make it into the amount. Not criticism, just an observation - the first time I had a chance to use this application was yesterday and my bill was $21.07.
    Last edited by Far Left Texas; 06/26/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Also just noticed on that version that you can't use the . on the keyboard. It does correctly default to the number keys, though-- no need to hit/hold the orange key.
    Well as far as the label goes i couldn't fix that because well... uhh. When playing around with it i found out that the Pre supports Kanji display but i am pretty sure no one here would appreciate that so it just shows PEO... The odd thing is the name in the source is actualy People, but the predefined drop down box makes it all caps.

Anyways this is really minor but added the keyboard decimal, also you now cannot use the decimal more than once, and last and also the least it now supports values of .0xxxx. Not really sure why would anyone ever need that, but hey it's there if you do.

if you do decide to get this minor update
    I would recomend deleting the old just in case
    ht tp:// felrend.googlepages.com/palmpretipcalculatormodifications
    Might I suggest a couple better, not so ugly icons?

Financial Icons: Money Icon
    Sleek XP Basic Icons: Money Icon
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I dunno folks. I'm having a brain fart with this one.
    I have the original Tip Calculator on an unrooted/unmodified pre and I'm trying to get FelRend's version. I sent an email with the .ipk file as an attachment. It shows it and when I tap it, it shows the moving status bar but the original calculator remains in the App card. If I try to open the link by going to the web page on the pre itself I get endless blank cards opening.
    I'd love to get FelRand's latest version before the latest pre update is loaded.
    Place witty signature here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykik View Post
    I dunno folks. I'm having a brain fart with this one.
    I have the original Tip Calculator on an unrooted/unmodified pre and I'm trying to get FelRend's version. I sent an email with the .ipk file as an attachment. It shows it and when I tap it, it shows the moving status bar but the original calculator remains in the App card. If I try to open the link by going to the web page on the pre itself I get endless blank cards opening.
    I'd love to get FelRand's latest version before the latest pre update is loaded.
    send as a link not an attachment
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Figured it out, thanks!
    Place witty signature here:
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FelRend View Post
    .... and last and also the least it now supports values of .0xxxx. .......
    FelRend,

Can I ask how you fixed this issue? I was actually making the same changes to this app before I ran across this thread (and from what I can see my changes where pretty much exactly like yours). I'm still stuck on this one issue though.

Thanks
    hmm make sure that when you get numbers from the number function or the decimal that you dont use parseInt / parseFloat and in the update function that the total price isnt altered and that should be it
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345