1.    #1  
    I don't code so I can't do this myself, but I could really use it. I work backstage in the audio/visual industry and I find even the dimmest setting on the Pre to be far too bright in low-light/no-light environments-- especially if you are trying to be covert about your use. I know the device can go dimmer; the step down it takes shortly before it idles to black is really close to what I would need (certainly no brighter). Any takers?
    Last edited by Sullivan Black; 06/22/2009 at 11:44 AM.
    I definitely agree on this... Even at the lowest setting for the backlight, it is still rather bright. It can actually light up a whole room at night. Also, if it could be adjusted lower, I'm sure that would save some battery too!
    I actually would give major props to the first manufacturer to use a display similar to the one in the OLPC XO that has a daylight mode. (it switches to a black/white Kindle style display in sunlight.)

Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    I actually would give major props to the first manufacturer to use a display similar to the one in the OLPC XO that has a daylight mode. (it switches to a black/white Kindle style display in sunlight.)
    I wouldn't use black and white much, but it would be a nice option to have. I think the whole thing is a great idea, i like using my electronic devices at times you are not suppose to, and it being really dimmed would help...

Can't code, nor do i have the pre, but it's a nice feature idea...