1.    #1  
    www dot angstrom-distribution dot org /unstable/feed/armv7a/base

damn, url filter.

I cannot get the repo to function like the one on the wiki, but I installed some of them by hand and they are working. Swfdec has quite a few deps but perhaps we could get the swfdec-mozilla plugin functioning and embed it ala Classic to display a full screen app built with flash!

The repo also has some other fun stuff such as transmission, the torrent client with the web interface. You can run the daemon and then connect to the app via the browser.
    Trust me when I say that the last thing the Pre needs is Flash. Have you ever used Adobe's crap on Linux before? It would suck your battery dry in a hot minute.

-n8
  3.    #3  
    First off, This is the open source swfdec library for linux, not adobes player. Second, It would be a great intermediate platform for the next few months until the sdk is released and I can quickly port apps over for my clients.

Yes, I've used flash and air on Linux and it's performance is on par with other platforms so I'm not sure what your point is there. If you don't have anything productive to add please just move along.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    a problem with flash will be the graphics context, i.e. what its drawing too.

all the plugin source code for linux are built for X, so even though one could compile it, and perhaps even get the browser to "embed" it, it wont work as the pre doesn't use X.

the next major breakthrough will be when someone figures out how to make a graphical plugin.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    a problem with flash will be the graphics context, i.e. what its drawing too.

all the plugin source code for linux are built for X, so even though one could compile it, and perhaps even get the browser to "embed" it, it wont work as the pre doesn't use X.

the next major breakthrough will be when someone figures out how to make a graphical plugin.
    That's true. And a xserver on the pre would be very cool, maybe someday! Are you sure the drawing is handled from the process to the x server and not between the process and the mozilla plugin api? It very well could be for speed reasons I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    www dot angstrom-distribution dot org /unstable/feed/armv7a/base

damn, url filter.

I cannot get the repo to function like the one on the wiki, but I installed some of them by hand and they are working. Swfdec has quite a few deps but perhaps we could get the swfdec-mozilla plugin functioning and embed it ala Classic to display a full screen app built with flash!

The repo also has some other fun stuff such as transmission, the torrent client with the web interface. You can run the daemon and then connect to the app via the browser.
    Be aware that the Angstrom ipkg repo will install stuff in places on the Pre that overwrite/collide with standard Palm packages. For example, it will overwrite libraries in /lib or /usr/lib without warning you first, which may make your Pre unusable if it overwrites the wrong library.

Optware is designed to only write/modify files until /opt, so it does not collide with Palm files. We have also started making Pre-specific modifications to packages too.

Optware has ctorrent, transmission, transmissiond and some other p2p programs as well ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals