1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if its possible to adjust how long the phone waits before it goes into sleep mode on the WiFi? Its driving me nuts, it goes to sleep as soon as the screen dims off, and signs me off aim and googletalk because of the switch to EVDO. If it could be set to 10 minutes, thatd be ideal.
    I have made a modification to the Screen and lock application to allow you to add more minutes to the list, by default you only get 1-3 minutes. the mod lets you add as many lines as you need. the mod adds 5 mintutes and "Never"

(copy-paste this into browser)
    predev.wikidot.com/stock-application-mods

Look at the bottom were it says "Screen and lock application"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    I have made a modification to the Screen and lock application to allow you to add more minutes to the list, by default you only get 1-3 minutes. the mod lets you add as many lines as you need. the mod adds 5 mintutes and "Never"

(copy-paste this into browser)
    predev.wikidot.com/stock-application-mods

Look at the bottom were it says "Screen and lock application"
    Thats not really what I'm looking for though, I don't want the screen to stay on, I just don't want the WiFi to constantly cycle the connection. Honestly, if I could disable WiFi sleep mode entirely, thatd be optimal, since I only turn WiFi on when I know its around.
    I agree, the option to leave Wifi on would be great. I work in a location where there is no cell phone signal at all, and I would love to just be able to leave the wifi on, while the screen is off so that I can continue to receive IMs and e-mail. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by wli224 View Post
    I agree, the option to leave Wifi on would be great. I work in a location where there is no cell phone signal at all, and I would love to just be able to leave the wifi on, while the screen is off so that I can continue to receive IMs and e-mail. Anyone have any ideas?
    Yeah, me too. Would love to keep WiFi on always, even when screen sleeps.

In my house, the signal is not great & the data constantly jumps from 1x to EV, killing my battery.
    For now, when I want wifi to stay on, I just leave the music player running the background with the volume all the way down. As someone mentioned before, it prevents the pre from going into sleep mode