Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sur4die View Post
    you have a typo, it should be an underscore
    /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    I have downloaded the zip file and also I have root access to my pre but can someone explain how to upload this file and which file to upload.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    Well... It was working and then I rebooted it when I removed the battery and now it needs to be rebooted every time but I swear it was doing a "live update" before that. I had added a bunch of friends names to capitalize (i.e. 'adam' to 'Adam') and when I went to type Adam's name (not after a punctuation or anything like that) it worked, along with a couple of the other names I entered.

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but just in case: Since the app creates a backup file of the already in place dictionary, is there any reason why I can't edit the hell out of that one and then tell my phone to restore that one? I know it renders the app GUI useless except for on-the-fly additions but I would think it be easier to type every thing on a keyboard and reload it than add each word manually on the phone...
    I'll answer this question in my AutoCorrect Edit thread.
    i tried running the script in the cmd prompt, and it didn't work, then i did a search and most of the things said stuff about running it in OS X. Am i right? does this have to run on a Mac? If not, how do i run it on XP?
    FYI, I don't think the lines with commas, such as

,a|ma

Work. They don't seem to for me, anyway. The rest work fine.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    is it possible to have double space insert a period followed by a space?
    I accidentally deleted my original autocorrect file and thought I backed it up but i didnt... If someone could upload the original autocorrect file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    I accidentally deleted my original autocorrect file and thought I backed it up but i didnt... If someone could upload the original autocorrect file I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    I'll get it on my server tonight for you.
    Last edited by rhong; 09/04/2009 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Remove the .txt of course.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I'll get it on my server tonight for you.
    I private messaged you the location, but looks like we got it here in the thread too. Mine is the 1.1 version, fyi.
    I use the autoreplace file to put shortcuts in for sms.

I think I used the 15k combined file and I had to make a good amount of edits that bugged me like am != AM, mess != mass. Some really silly ones in there sometimes. But what I would do is make a notepad entry for all the ones that bugged me and then edit in root when I had the time. Never got rhong's app to work for me really, but it is a nice app. The shortcuts I find really useful. I make gv into Google Voice and I have my family's names in there as initials, and my work locations as initials, some common internet acronyms, and recently put in shortcuts for google calendar sms so when I need to enter common recurring events I just use a specific word and it changes it into the google calendar phrase I need to send in sms. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I'm resurrecting this thread as many people are running into email slowdowns after installing the advanced dictionary that's in the quick install program.

Based on the research we did earlier, the word list can't be larger then 5k or so.. To the patch developer, please read over this thread! the 5k googlewords list does *not* cause the email delay that people are seeing.

-mark

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Will test with the list that I found (top 500 words) and with a crop of the 15k google words.

The 5000 google words (not a good list since there's no sorting, it's just the first 5000 words on that list) is 468kb's after being run through your script.. The 500 word list is 100kb's.

The top 500 list adds an additional ~3 seconds to email, and ~1-2 seconds to the web page.

testing now with the 5000 word list. EDIT - the 5000 word list was about the same time - or less then 3-4 seconds which is good enough for me.. (468kb file size) - so maybe that's the sweet spot?

-mark
    ps - I'm measuring email delay from the time the header shows up, to the time the email body loads. I'm measuring web delay from the time I click on a a bookmark (with the web card already open), to the time the spinning wheel starts.
    yea I installed that and it doesn't correct some words and I can't find it to remove it, anyone know where it went?
    I am new at this whole thing and I am not understanding how to get this patch onto my Pre.

It says run the script. But where do I run the script? I need some step by step directions. If anyone out there can help me out, that would be Saweet! Thanks.
    Is there any chance that this can be used for the virtual keyboard? I know that a plug-in is needed, but is there any progress on this front?
    installed the auto-replace dictionary today. nice. I really could use something like that. However, it slowed my email to a crawl (wait time for text to appear when opening an email).

Uninstalled the dictionary for now until the file size is reduced (see diomark's comments above) or some other efficiency is found to reduce the lag time. Great concept. I hope someone keeps working on this.
    Hope this thread isn't too old to bring up, but I have a small modification to the Python script (which is a great idea, by the way - thanks to the author).

Attached is a revised version of the script, which uses the Enchant Python module to check that a 'wrong' word which is programmatically generated by the script (by swapping adjacent letters) is not actually a correct word - for instance, if the word 'lost' was in the common words list or your extra words list, the script would generate 'list' as a mistyped version of it (because the 'i' key is next to the 'o' key), and you would end up with an auto-replace entry that changes list into lost. This revision will avoid that, so if you type list you get list.

Hope it helps someone, now I'm off to try out my new auto-replace file!

P.S. Since webOS treats a comma as the end of the word for auto-replace purposes, it makes no sense to have the script generate wrong words that have ',' in them - they won't work. I've updated my edited script to remove those replacements.
    Last edited by IMGrant; 12/06/2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Updated script to remove ',' substitution
    is there a way i could toggle autocorrect through preferences? a patch maybe?
    Hello,

Do guys have any idea how does it auto-corrects 3 or 2 letter words. I am not able to find those in the autoreplace file. I 've installed 3000 autoreplace words package (v.1.4.5-1- diomark,dBsooner) through preware.

It's really annoying because some of these words that are replaced are actually right. (eg. ate - are, sir - air, 've - be etc).

Sorry for the naive kind of question.

Thank you
    If it's replacing them, then it should be in the file.
    Look for lines similar to below:
    ate|are
    sir|air
    ve|be

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    Hello,

Do guys have any idea how does it auto-corrects 3 or 2 letter words. I am not able to find those in the autoreplace file. I 've installed 3000 autoreplace words package (v.1.4.5-1- diomark,dBsooner) through preware.

It's really annoying because some of these words that are replaced are actually right. (eg. ate - are, sir - air, 've - be etc).

Sorry for the naive kind of question.

Thank you
    Thanks for the response rhong, I checked the file multiple times, couldn't find those words. Here is the file attached if you would like to check.

Thanks
    Last edited by ellipsis; 02/24/2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Attachment.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast