Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 161
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I've been working on an autocorrection dictionary Pre app.
    I have a working version right now and will probably need some testers on this.
    I haven't figured out how to package things up to make it easy for people to install just yet, but I have some ideas.

    This app essentially allows you to modify the text-edit-autoreplace file via a Pre application and not have to ssh into your Pre to add entries. I'm gonna be looking to this PreCentral community for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Rhong,

    Thank you the many Tips & Tricks you have provided!

    I would love to be one of your early beta testers once you have your ipk. But I do think that you will get a huge amount of help if you post it as a beta test in the Homebrew forum.

    This would almost instantly be a top app. The Palm version of autocorrect is so weak.

    - Craig
  2. #122  
    Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I've been working on an autocorrection dictionary Pre app.
    I have a working version right now and will probably need some testers on this.
    I haven't figured out how to package things up to make it easy for people to install just yet, but I have some ideas.

    This app essentially allows you to modify the text-edit-autoreplace file via a Pre application and not have to ssh into your Pre to add entries. I'm gonna be looking to this PreCentral community for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    +1 rhong,
    I would love to be one of your beta testers and if it were an ipk file I'd grab it immediately. Please put it in the homebrew section.
  3. #123  
    I would also like to beta test.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    +1 rhong,
    I would love to be one of your beta testers and if it were an ipk file I'd grab it immediately. Please put it in the homebrew section.
    I'd love to help out as well. An actual app to do this would be pretty awesome. But a modified version of the messaging app to auto-learn as you type would be even more awesome
  5. #125  
    I should be creating a homebrew thread on the app soon (today).
    Some requirements for my initial beta testing:
    - Rooted Pre
    - A bit more than beginner's knowledge of Unix
    - Good communications, ability to articulate bugs

    Thanks for the interest.
    I'm excited, as I'm sure you are too.
  6. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I should be creating a homebrew thread on the app soon (today).
    Some requirements for my initial beta testing:
    - Rooted Pre
    - A bit more than beginner's knowledge of Unix
    - Good communications, ability to articulate bugs

    Thanks for the interest.
    I'm excited, as I'm sure you are too.
    Send me a PM, i can help you out.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I should be creating a homebrew thread on the app soon (today).
    Some requirements for my initial beta testing:
    - Rooted Pre
    - A bit more than beginner's knowledge of Unix
    - Good communications, ability to articulate bugs

    Thanks for the interest.
    I'm excited, as I'm sure you are too.
    rhong,

    Could this eventually be an ipk file app?

    - Craig
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    rhong,
    Could this eventually be an ipk file app?
    - Craig
    Yeah, I think so. I just haven't had the time to do that yet.
    Rooting is required at this point because the file that it needs to edit has access restrictions.
  9. #129  
    Ok, I got a Homebrew thread going now...
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...63#post1758363
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Another enhancement to this autocorrect file generator might be to remove all properly spelled words on the left side (the ones that need correcting). This might be tough, as each one would need to be tested through a dictionary app.

    I was typing Hong Kong today, and it replaced it with Hong King.
    Another one bit me today. I types in the word nail and it replaced it with mail. I'll have to edit my PreCentral post from a real PC...
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    Another one bit me today. I types in the word nail and it replaced it with mail. I'll have to edit my PreCentral post from a real PC...
    Great... In that last post, typed turned into types. Same issue. Gonna delete them from my dictionary now.
  12. Webby_s's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #132  
    So question..... Can I just do the same procedures to get the file back over to the pre post 1.1.0?
  13. #133  
    I believe so. I have AutoCorrect Edit users who have upgraded and it seems the file location hasn't changed. The file has just been updated with new entries.
  14. AllThatCaz's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #134  
    Thank you SO MUCH for doing this work, and kudos to the key players. I've been going ballistic without an il->I'll replacement, and this made me start searching for this work. I miss so much about my Treo! I, too, want this feature more for auto replace...I find that as an I/S professional there are too many system words that auto correct where I want them left alone.

    Although I've been a programmer for 25 years never set finger in Linux soil so I must wait for the installable app. Now that Mojo SDK is here, rhong, will that make an appCatalog entry come soon? it's the best answer after all this work bc (gee, why didn't bc chane to because? ) everyone's got their personal requirements/likes/dislikes. Rhong, if it's not too much trouble (of any variety) can your app include options for Restore to Factory Settings, Bookmark List, and and Restore To Bookmark List?

    Part of me wants to take that walk onto the Linux/WebOSdev moon, but oh, where is the time? I don't even know where to begin. I visited the new Mojo SDK page, but looks to me some Linux knowledge is a pre-req.
  15. #135  
    I've tried uninstalling and re-installing this application 3 times and I cannot for the life of me get this thing to work. Every time I enter new name or word for it to correct and then reboot, it never works when I test it upon reboot.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    I've tried uninstalling and re-installing this application 3 times and I cannot for the life of me get this thing to work. Every time I enter new name or word for it to correct and then reboot, it never works when I test it upon reboot.
    I'll have to try to help you through things. I'm wondering if there are server issues causing problems. I might not be able to help until later this week. Very busy, can't reply to my other thread. Please post over in the AutoCorrect Edit thread, perhaps some current users can help you before I'm freed up to do so. Thanks for trying the application!
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by AllThatCaz View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH for doing this work, and kudos to the key players. I've been going ballistic without an il->I'll replacement, and this made me start searching for this work. I miss so much about my Treo! I, too, want this feature more for auto replace...I find that as an I/S professional there are too many system words that auto correct where I want them left alone.

    Although I've been a programmer for 25 years never set finger in Linux soil so I must wait for the installable app. Now that Mojo SDK is here, rhong, will that make an appCatalog entry come soon? it's the best answer after all this work bc (gee, why didn't bc chane to because? ) everyone's got their personal requirements/likes/dislikes. Rhong, if it's not too much trouble (of any variety) can your app include options for Restore to Factory Settings, Bookmark List, and and Restore To Bookmark List?

    Part of me wants to take that walk onto the Linux/WebOSdev moon, but oh, where is the time? I don't even know where to begin. I visited the new Mojo SDK page, but looks to me some Linux knowledge is a pre-req.
    So the appCatalog possibility is a slim one since Palm has strict access rights on the autocorrect dictionary file. I'll be working on updates to restore to factory (or restore to one of many default dictionary files). When you say Bookmark List, do you mean backing up the current autocorrects and restoring back to the backup? I've implemented this in the latest version, which will be out this week, if I can find the time.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I'll have to try to help you through things. I'm wondering if there are server issues causing problems. I might not be able to help until later this week. Very busy, can't reply to my other thread. Please post over in the AutoCorrect Edit thread, perhaps some current users can help you before I'm freed up to do so. Thanks for trying the application!
    There must have been some server issues because I was able to reinstall the application over one that was not working and now it is working great. I don't even need to reboot for the changes to become effective!!! (if this was still something that was needed). Love the app!!!
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_moist View Post
    There must have been some server issues because I was able to reinstall the application over one that was not working and now it is working great. I don't even need to reboot for the changes to become effective!!! (if this was still something that was needed). Love the app!!!
    You don't need to reboot to make the changes effective? When you say this, do you mean you don't need to reboot to make the app work for the first time, or do you mean you can add an entry, then it immediately takes effect in the Notes (or Email) application? If the latter, you've broken ground and we need to discuss.
  20. #140  
    Well... It was working and then I rebooted it when I removed the battery and now it needs to be rebooted every time but I swear it was doing a "live update" before that. I had added a bunch of friends names to capitalize (i.e. 'adam' to 'Adam') and when I went to type Adam's name (not after a punctuation or anything like that) it worked, along with a couple of the other names I entered.

    I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but just in case: Since the app creates a backup file of the already in place dictionary, is there any reason why I can't edit the hell out of that one and then tell my phone to restore that one? I know it renders the app GUI useless except for on-the-fly additions but I would think it be easier to type every thing on a keyboard and reload it than add each word manually on the phone...
    Last edited by mr_moist; 08/12/2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Period instead of question mark. I'm anal over grammar.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions