Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itakexrays View Post
    well i just used vi to add r|are and that works .. so I guess all i need to know is how to copy a file from my c drive to the pre/
    You got it then, you know what has to be done. Now to just get the file on there. I messaged you if you need a bit of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    2) Although the list I chose has auto replacements (or autocorrects) that use a comma character (,), the Pre actually doesn't parse those values properly. The python script can probably be updated to not utilize the comma in generating mistaken letters. This will help shave the file sizes down a bit. I deleted any entries that had commas in my file.
    Another enhancement to this autocorrect file generator might be to remove all properly spelled words on the left side (the ones that need correcting). This might be tough, as each one would need to be tested through a dictionary app.

I was typing Hong Kong today, and it replaced it with Hong King.
  3.    #103  
    Good idea, Rhong. I've been just adding words to my extra_words file as they come up, but this would be a nice approach. It wouldn't be too hard to implement either. Just read in a standard UNIX word list into a set, and if the "wrong" spelling is in the word list then don't add it to the autoreplace file. I haven't really had to time to mess with this recently, but may get the time to add this feature soon.

Oh, and when I'm putting files on my Pre, I usually do it via SFTP since I find that to be the most convenient method. Here are directions from the dev wiki on how to set that up: pre dev wiki: SFTP Access
    how do you get your pre ip address ?
    how do you get your pre ip address ?
    Go to your WiFi settings and click on your network name. It'll then display your ip address. (hehe, the autocorrect just replaced my word "ip" with "op".)
    so when you use the ftp it is via wi fi and not usb ?

i can not connect via ftp
    Last edited by itakexrays; 07/13/2009 at 11:35 PM.
    so when you use the ftp it is via wi fi and not usb ?

i can not connect via ftp
    Yeah, sftp is via wifi. First you must install the ability to sftp in, then you must use an sftp client and use the right port. See the Pre dev wiki.
    i did all that ....
  9.    #109  
    Sometimes you have to wake up the Pre's wifi for it to work. It helps if you have it charging, and if you've just done something with the wifi. Even then it can sometimes take a couple of tries. One thing you can try is going to the command line and trying the command "ping PreIP" where PreIP is the IP of your Pre. If you get responses back from the Pre, then you know the problem is related to how you've set up the SFTP. If it doesn't work, then the problem is something network-related.
    i did all that ....
    I had some issues because the Pre doesn't always connect to the net (to conserve batteries). Plug your Pre into an outlet or use your usb cable so it's charging. Then run Pandora so it maintains a connection to the net. Then from a command prompt, ping the Pre's ip address until you get successful pings. Then you can ftp in...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhong View Post
    I had some issues because the Pre doesn't always connect to the net (to conserve batteries). Plug your Pre into an outlet or use your usb cable so it's charging. Then run Pandora so it maintains a connection to the net. Then from a command prompt, ping the Pre's ip address until you get successful pings. Then you can ftp in...
    If you plug in to the usb port, be sure to choose the just charging option. Looks like we wereon the same wavelength and replied at the same time, dimfeld.
    it pings fine
    if i go to etc / services should i see the port number ? 222 is not listed.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is great work. I will join the search for a more focused list of common American English words.
    Hey, im having a lot of trouble trying to do this. I have installed all the correct programs and have rooted my pre. but can someone baby step me through it? or at least refer to me a post or thread with the baby steps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    Hey, im having a lot of trouble trying to do this. I have installed all the correct programs and have rooted my pre. but can someone baby step me through it? or at least refer to me a post or thread with the baby steps?
    I can help you a bit, PM me.
    You essentially need to download a copy of the file (from somewhere) onto your Pre once you are rooted and overwrite the existing autocorrection file.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    sounds like this could certinly come in handy
    Hi everyone,

I've been working on an autocorrection dictionary Pre app.
    I have a working version right now and will probably need some testers on this.
    I haven't figured out how to package things up to make it easy for people to install just yet, but I have some ideas.

This app essentially allows you to modify the text-edit-autoreplace file via a Pre application and not have to ssh into your Pre to add entries. I'm gonna be looking to this PreCentral community for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    This is awesome! Work perfectly! Thanks for your work!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    So you say you have root access ... Well from there drop one of the text-edit-autoreplace- files from the zip file into the USB drive home directory.... Then at root/castle:
    Code:
    cp /media/internal/text-edit-autoreplace[*****] /etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace
    **** is the rest of the file name
    reset the Pre (via root/castle):
    Code:
    /sbin/reboot
    Enjoy!
    (if I am wrong, please someone correct me but that is essentially what I did!)