1.    #1  
    In firefox... You can use an "undo close tab" option to bring back a tab you deleted...

I wish this sort of functionality could be implemented in webOS with our cards. I'm nuts about keeping apps closed whenever possible and sometimes I close a card sooner than I should...
    Go into your history!
    There was a glitch in 1.0.2 (don't know about 1.0.3) that if you swip a card up, you can hurry and swip it back down before it closes.
    Some guy on another palm pre forum by the name of "Rillo" suggested this

"I was thinking a few months ago if maybe they made a reverse for the swipe to close gesture. It would be a intuitive gesture to bring an accidentally closed card back."

I think it's an amazing Idea. swipe to undo.
    i need a lil more clarification in order to try to tackle this... do u just want to undo web cards or all cards
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    i need a lil more clarification in order to try to tackle this... do u just want to undo web cards or all cards
    he said web cards... But all cards would be better.

Make it a nice, simple swipe.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I'd rather things actually closed when I swiped them than have an undo feature. There's already a memory leak as it is. If we could "lock" certain cards, as OP mentioned, that would be great. Maybe ALT+Shift+Tap would put a padlock in the top right corner of the card, preventing it from being closed until the padlock is removed. That would be a good way of implementing this.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    I'd rather things actually closed when I swiped them than have an undo feature. There's already a memory leak as it is. If we could "lock" certain cards, as OP mentioned, that would be great. Maybe ALT+Shift+Tap would put a padlock in the top right corner of the card, preventing it from being closed until the padlock is removed. That would be a good way of implementing this.
    It wouldn't need alot of memory, it would be a couple megabytes at most.

it's like a shortcut, it will remember a certain page. I think the main memory using thing in this is getting the gesture , and the whole thing working. After that, it's a couple kilobytes per shortcut. Having it remember 3 would be great. 1 is really all we need though.

If it's added as an app, it should give you the option to have it on, or off. Then give you the optiton of how many cards you want it to remember. Of course thats for later, when all these hacks can easily be made into applications.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    i'm glad i'm not alone when it comes to this. locking certain cards would be amazing. hopefully somebody can put something together but i'm assuming the SDK will be needed...

although my assumptions are baseless