Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I'm torn here, because I run Ubuntu at home and contribute what I can freely. However, if I came up with a cool app that most people would be willing to pay a couple bucks for, I'd like to be secure in that endeavor.
    And there is nothing wrong with feeling that way, because both things are protected by the same copyright laws.

Contrary to popular belief, some developers do actually produce both open source and closed source applications. It's only the zealots (those who don't realise you can sell open source applications) who seem to have a problem with this. Those developers who simply use a software license as a tool, rather than an ideology, never have a problem.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/24/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    except you *can* sell GPL'd applications, you just have to provide the source code if requested. You can sell most open sourced licensed software within the confines of the license.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12