1.    #1  
    I'm most definitely doing something wrong.

I used the Konami code enable devoper mode and the phone restarted.
    Python 2.63, Novacom drivers and novaproxy.py are on the notebook running XP.
    I connect with putty on the specified port and get:
    castle@root#, I'm paraphrasing a bit.

My main interest is in changing the dialer, but I may want to try the CPU Scaling too.
    Problem is the files are read-only.

I don't see mention in the rooting article about that, nor in the "change background" article.
    I did see this command in another article:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -w

Ideas on where I'm going wrong?
    Use mount -o remount,rw / to enable write access.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'll give that a try later.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Again.

I was able to copy over the files. Hoped it worked I haven't rebooted yet, I'm waiting on a call. That 2minute reboot is a killer.

Already up the CPU Scaling too.
    if you just installed a new app, you can use "luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}" to get it to show up (takes like 1 second). It also seems faster to do a "pkill LunaSysMgr" instead of a full reboot (probably about 1min instead of 2).
  6.    #6  
    Here I go again. Had a weird issue so I restored the phone using WebOS Doc.
    Entered Dev mode, used the scripts on the wiki site to set up access, users and optware and I went to change the dialer and it's being ornery.
    I can't change them with SFTP or WebOS Quick Install as I did the other day.

"mount -o remount,rw /" is not working.

Not sure what I did. WebOS Quick Install did transfer the files now and I'm able to write file using WinSCP.
    Perhaps the FTP client I was using was doing something, dunno.
    Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 07/29/2009 at 08:19 PM.