Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    - /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $seems$ $to$ $have$ $added$ $some$ $stuff$ $about$ $making$ $emergency$ $calls$ $while$ $the$ $phone$ $is$ $powered$ $off$. $Haven$'$t$ $deciphered$ $too$ $closely$ $precisely$ $what$.

- Some .jsjsjs $files$ $have$ $had$ $comments$ $removed$ $containing$ $words$ $like$ &$quot$;****&$quot$;.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Now this is what I like to see... A nice healthy update schedule.. I hope Palm keeps it up... This is in stark contrast to what I experienced last year when I bought the POS Instinct, and dealt with updates that kept getting promised, but took months to deliver.
    Looks like it broke the dialpad, and it broke dropbear for me. Was an easy fix though, didn't have to go through the whole process again.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Here the release notes:

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

Version information

* Version: 1.0.3
    * Release date: 19 June 2009
    * Configuration: Sprint 1.5

New applications

No new applications in update 1.0.3
    Feature changes to existing applications
    Calendar

* Events created in your Google calendar—either in Calendar on your phone or in Google online—that contain a symbol or accented character in the event name can now synchronize. Previously, including a symbol or accented character in an event name prevented the event from synchronizing.
    * Changes made to Google events on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    * The sync interval for Google events has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.

Clock

* If you create a weekday alarm on a weekend, the alarm sounds only on weekdays. Previously the alarm would sound on the weekend also.

Contacts

* Changes made to Google contacts on the phone now sync with Google online within a few minutes.
    * The sync interval for Google contacts has been decreased from every few hours to every 15 minutes.

Email

* Power performance in areas where wireless coverage is sporadic or unavailable has been enhanced.
    * Non-SSL Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) mail servers are now supported.

Other

* Miscellaneous updates for Email, Phone, and other applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsit2002 View Post
    Gizmodo is all over it

h t t p://gizmodo.com/5297275/palm-pre-webos-103-update-improves-syncing-power-performance
    Since the link wasn't posted withe the url tag, I'm not able to copy and paste it right now, I'm browsing from my Pre.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Since the link wasn't posted withe the url tag, I'm not able to copy and paste it right now, I'm browsing from my Pre.

LOL
    That's really funny. I believe I now have 10 posts, so this should work, now:
    Gizmodo - Palm Pre webOS 1.0.3 Update Improves Syncing, Power Performance - Palm pre update
    My update failed... Downloading the Doctor now.
    Hmm... nothing is happening when I plug in the USB. Anyone else have a failed update?
    Dangit. The doctor is stuck on checking system.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Hmm... nothing is happening when I plug in the USB. Anyone else have a failed update?
    Youre trying to run the web os doctor? Did you put in developer mode again?
    If you cant get in to the OS at all, try powering off the phone, plug in usb cable, hold volume up key ahold power on key. that should put in firmware load mode
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Youre trying to run the web os doctor? Did you put in developer mode again?
    If you cant get in to the OS at all, try powering off the phone, plug in usb cable, hold volume up key ahold power on key. that should put in firmware load mode
    You are my hero. Holding the volume up key is not mentioned anywhere in the process. How did you know this?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I would highly suggest that if anyone rooted their Pre -- go check the wiki for any changes that were made in the rooting process or installing the optware packages since you did them.. There were issues with USB mode in the initial versions of the wiki that have since been corrected -- apply those changes first before you apply the 1.0.3 update

pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access

pre dev wiki: Enable the Optware Package Feed
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I would highly suggest that if anyone rooted their Pre -- go check the wiki for any changes that were made in the rooting process or installing the optware packages since you did them.. There were issues with USB mode in the initial versions of the wiki that have since been corrected -- apply those changes first before you apply the 1.0.3 update

pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access

pre dev wiki: Enable the Optware Package Feed
    I second that. There were several posts about rooted pre's not having problems, so I didnt think twice about it. Mine was still rooted the old way, and that is probably what caused mine to fail.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    You are my hero. Holding the volume up key is not mentioned anywhere in the process. How did you know this?
    I think its mentioned somewhere early in the OK ROM thread.. Also I recall reading an article linked from Gizmodo that mentioned the volume up key... That was referenced in this blog:
    High Caffeine Content: WWDC+Palm Pre = Rollercoaster Week
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've tar'd the entire phone to USB drive before upgrading. Will be curious to go through some of these packages and see what has changed, especially on the Phone app.
    Have you tried restoring from that tarball? I'm very curious if that works.

Thanks, Tim
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've tar'd the entire phone to USB drive before upgrading. Will be curious to go through some of these packages and see what has changed, especially on the Phone app.
    It would be interesting to do the same tar after the update and do a recursive diff...

-Vince
    I finally had my apps from Skyscape running under Classic yesterday. Upgraded last night and now all of them have lost their data files. The fix listed on Motion Apps did not work. eReader lost all the books. Waiting for a new fix.
    My gf got one yesterday and we did the update right away. Is Sudoku supposed to be on there or do we have to download it? Also is there any way to get individual minutes for the alarm clock, not just every 5 minutes?

Thanks.
    I havr tried the update but it states: CAN NOT CONNECT PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER. I either tells me that or it just idles when checking for updates. What should i do now?
    I have been having the same problem . I hit the update and it is checking for updates, then it fails altogether. I have tried this both ota and via wireless. Nada. It is not rooted.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast