Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I'm creating a 'xorg' site now... we can post it there. With credits for the 3 of us.. are you guys cool with that?
    Sending you a private message.
    Whoa fast! I had just read that. Any one looking for a tester I am all in. Pm me or what have you
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    i"ve update the wiki, please check it out and update as needed. want to make sure the three of us are properly credited for what we've done.

pre dev wiki: Installing Apps without Rooting
    PreGame is working on a second version of his app that doesn't use shell scripts. I had to make a couple changes to his current package to get it to work, too. You guys should start playing around with the Prelease package he has included. It'll allow you to run linux commands from your own apps and would definitely help in automating installation of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    PreGame is working on a second version of his app that doesn't use shell scripts. I had to make a couple changes to his current package to get it to work, too. You guys should start playing around with the Prelease package he has included. It'll allow you to run linux commands from your own apps and would definitely help in automating installation of things.
    Looks like that will be the first library I get when I install his IPK.
    wow!!! awesome progress!!! as you can probably tell i have been checkin this thread at least 5 times a day and i am def willing to be a tester for any and all apps you would like to try out!!
    I can confirm the process as well. Self-signed package installed via email URL.

I missed a step along the way, though, and all my files were installed under /var (as they were relative pathnames in the tarball). How did you get the absolute paths in the tarball?
    Fantastic stuff, be sure to get yourselves a paypal account so grateful users can thank you all and help fund future projects
    hell yea for this discovery i def would not mind contributing
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    hell yea for this discovery i def would not mind contributing
    Send apps, not payment.
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyflipflops View Post
    Send apps, not payment.
    I wish I could but, I'm not near a computer. I have limited myself to the pre' for productivity sake, I should be studying (hence no computer) but this damn pre unlike my n810 has access everywhere, plus great browsing. Damn you functional, practical hackable pre'!

Plus my programming skill doesn't go much beyond "99 bottles of beer" anyway
    Me too. I wish I paid more attention in my Java class. I hate Java. I kept trying to contribute to this effort, but every time I came back with some info, someone already found it. You guys are too quick!
    nice work all, i had fun tearing it part myself, just missed it having to go to the store!!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I decided not to host this just yet and let Palm react. Here is the file.

If anyone wants to host this, go for it.

I had to put a .zip extension on the file, but it is not actually zipped. Just need to remove .zip extention. Host it somewhere and provide the link to the file on this site.

File removed: sff and I decided to take it down for something better, a real app

Disclaimer: Our intent is to help the development world release applications. We do not support or encourage using this information for malware. We completely oppose misuse. To protect yourself, do not open links from your Pre email application that has an .ipk at the end unless you intend to load that application and you trust the source of that application. This goes for any email system you use on any platform. The ability for the Pre to do this isn't unique.
    Last edited by xorg; 06/21/2009 at 06:10 PM.
    Is this the flashlight app?
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Right now the app doesn't do anything, it just loads and shows up as an icon on the Pre Launcher. When you launch it, it does nothing. I'm working on a Hello World program right now that will popup a hello message with credits.
    Good job on the disclaimer and I hope people follow it. I would hate Palm to have to shut this down because of some major malware. Maybe this is an area that PreCentral can step up and help us identify legitimate apps.
    Thanks
    I was going to pm one of you and see if you would email me the app when it was ready, but I am too low on post count to do so. Besides it dosent seem like it would really confirm anything that hasent already been confirmed.

Can't wait to get to my pc and email myself the file
    Have you contacted palm yet? I have tried for other reasons but have not gotten any luck in getting responses.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    you could try dm'ing foxycar through twitter to see if she could get a position on this.

Very impressed with the work you guy's have done today. I'm looking forward to starting to play around with development in the coming weeks.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast