Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I've downloaded the sdk but haven't jumped into it yet. Anyone know if it shows how to package and how to sideload?
    I can no longer install apps from e-mail! I e-mailed links to the downloads and nothing happens no error, nothing; the link is highlighted and then nothing happens, the app is not in the launcher, I have even tried restarting!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Still works for others. Are you rooted? Have you modified anything that could have interfered?

On SDK method, sounds like Pre has to be in god mode and the SDK must be required to install. Haven't tried it myself yet. The email link method is so far still needed for a stock Pre.
    1.0.4 is out and has apparently killed this.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I have a new method for loading apps on stock Pre in the works. I talked to Palm and they are aware that I plan to start another initiative with some new ideas.

See this update...
    pre dev wiki: Installing Homebrew Apps on Stock Pre without Rooting

Stay tuned for another initiative.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I've downloaded the sdk but haven't jumped into it yet. Anyone know if it shows how to package and how to sideload?
    Once the SDK is running, build app with palm_build.bat

Install with palm_install.bat -d [tcp|usb] file.ipk

tcp -> Emulator
    usb -> Pre attached and in Dev mode (need NovaCom running)
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^Yeah, found that out. Am working on another way to load apps w/out need Dev mode or SDK. Stay tuned...
    wow, it's ALOT easier to install homebrew apps on 1.0.4 than I thought...

Simply, use ar to extract the ipk - then extract the data.tar.gz, cd into the usr/palm/applications dir, then using your rooted pre with ssh and sftp, copy recursively the (in this case) the de.umass.translate directory to your pre's /usr/palm/applications directory. **** yes linux backend!!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^This is not new in 1.04. It was possible as soon as rooting was possible and we figured out the packaging. If you're rooted, using ipkg install is even easier.

But the goal is to install apps for non-rooted Pres. This is about allowing homebrewers to publicly distribute apps on unmodified Pres. The challenge is to do it with enough security for end users.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I've just built a simple app to view NexRad looping radar images. The stock browser won't show the animated .gif, but this app will. I'm posting it here for testing and review as instructed by predev.wikidot.com. All comments are welcome!

I'm too new to post a proper link, so you'll have to copy and paste.

adsllc.com / pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adsllc View Post
    I've just built a simple app to view NexRad looping radar images. The stock browser won't show the animated .gif, but this app will. I'm posting it here for testing and review as instructed by predev.wikidot.com. All comments are welcome!

I'm too new to post a proper link, so you'll have to copy and paste.

adsllc.com / pre
    Good start! Appreciate the work. A few suggestions:

1. Post this by starting a new topic in the Homebrew Apps forum. Almost nobody will see it here.

2. Enable rotating portrait/landscape mode. For example, the national radar composite would be much better viewed in landscape mode.

3. Enable zoom in/out with the pinch gesture.

Like I said, though, nice work!
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    Good start! Appreciate the work. A few suggestions:
    1. Post this by starting a new topic in the Homebrew Apps forum. Almost nobody will see it here.
    2. Enable rotating portrait/landscape mode. For example, the national radar composite would be much better viewed in landscape mode.
    3. Enable zoom in/out with the pinch gesture.
    1. Any ideas what the secret handshake is to create a new thread in that forum? I don't appear to have access.
    2. Done.
    3. Have you seen any documentation on how to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by adsllc View Post
    1. Any ideas what the secret handshake is to create a new thread in that forum? I don't appear to have access.
    2. Done.
    3. Have you seen any documentation on how to do this?
    1. I believe it may be moderated. Contact one of the forum moderators or admins.
    2. Terrific!
    3. Not a clue. Just an end-user here.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    I feel like a complete twit as I cannot figure this out. I've tried emailing the link as well as typing it in and neither work to install the apps. My pre is not rooted and I am not a programmer. Is there an easy way to go about this or do I need to root the darned thing?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to make the MAKEFILE work on OSx? I get the error

Code:
    gnutar: unrecognized option `--transform'
    I ran this without a hitch in Ubuntu, and could package my app, but I would really like to have this work in the same environment in which I am actually programming. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415