Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have scoured through the OK ROM thread, but I never found an answer to this:

I have changed all the necessary files to add on to Universal Search, however I cannot figure out how to add images. Do I point ../images/ to a link? or do I simply put ../images/search-sample.png? Will it find it if the image is just on the desktop of my computer?

Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Addendum:

When I type in $ vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images I am given a page that just has a column of ~ running down the left side. If I try to type in "search-amazon.png(file='/Users/user/Desktop/search-amazon.png') and write it I'm hit with "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images" Is a directory" and it will not let me write.
    Did you mount the fs as rw? You need to put the image in that directory.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I performed the usual "mount -o remount,rw /" at the beginning, unless there is something special I need to be doing for the images directory.

I tried moving the images over to the Pre's USB storage and trying a mv command from that angle but no luck.
    You need to copy the image of your choice for the search you have added into the code to "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images". You would mount your pre as a usb drive and copy the image into the usb drive. I just copy it into the main directory. Then umount the usb drive and in the terminal type in "cp /media/internal/image_file /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/". You would have to make sure when you edit the code that your image points to that directory. When you see something like "../images/search-google.png". The ../ means to go up one directory and then into the images folder. You do not want to vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images as it is a directory that containts images.

- Garrett