Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Anyone know where the files associated with the USB Mode question. I keep plugging my phone into my computer to charge but Ill walk away forgetting to hit just charge and for some reason the phone actually DOESN'T charge unless you hit just charge. I think it would be smart if it just defaulted to that and than if you wanted USB you just click the little icon and it pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JcLusso View Post
    Anyone know where the files associated with the USB Mode question. I keep plugging my phone into my computer to charge but Ill walk away forgetting to hit just charge and for some reason the phone actually DOESN'T charge unless you hit just charge. I think it would be smart if it just defaulted to that and than if you wanted USB you just click the little icon and it pops up.
    Thats strange, mine switches to the charging icon up top when I plug it in, regardless of whether I push "Just Charge" or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Thats strange, mine switches to the charging icon up top when I plug it in, regardless of whether I push "Just Charge" or not.
    Are you plugging it into a computer? It only gives the option if it is plugged into a computer. It knows if it's just the AC adapter on the other end.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianpmullaney View Post
    Are you plugging it into a computer? It only gives the option if it is plugged into a computer. It knows if it's just the AC adapter on the other end.
    I'm well aware of this, so to answer your question, yes. Note the charging icon in the upper right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpmullaney View Post
    I would suppose the AC adapter has certain pins grounded to say it's actually an adapter, that's how most manufacturers do it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm well aware of this, so to answer your question, yes. Note the charging icon in the upper right corner.

I also noticed that your battery/charge icon is horizontal.....mine is verticle? Any possible reasons???? Was just wondering

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I also noticed that your battery/charge icon is horizontal.....mine is verticle? Any possible reasons???? Was just wondering

IGO
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post

IGO
    I modded it I've got a bunch of mods I've done in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-my-phone.html

<screenshot>
    Ah. My bad. I misread your post. Yeah, mine charges without pushing the button. I thought you were saying that the option doesn't come up for you when you plug it in.
    Also, don't confuse the very slow USB charging with it not charging when you don't push Just Charge. USB charges a helluvalot slower than plugging it into the wall.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    mine doesnt give me that option. it just starts charging? i dont know whats wrong
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have posted a similar response on this issue with a MacBook Pro but I have the same issue on a Windows XP desktop as well. For some reason my Palm Pre automatically enters in to a charging mode when I plug it into any computer. I am using a third party USB cable which may contribute to the problem. When I get home, I will try it with the Palm USB cable and see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't however.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhudgins View Post
    I have posted a similar response on this issue with a MacBook Pro but I have the same issue on a Windows XP desktop as well. For some reason my Palm Pre automatically enters in to a charging mode when I plug it into any computer. I am using a third party USB cable which may contribute to the problem. When I get home, I will try it with the Palm USB cable and see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't however.
    Unless the Palm cable is proprietary with how its pins are set up, and when you use an aftermarket cable it defaults to charge only? Would be kind of sucky, but I've heard of stranger things happening.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    OK, at least for now, my Pre will allow me to choose what mode I wish to put it into. Earlier today, I had failed to get the Pre to do anything but charge when connected to a USB cable on both Mac and Windows XP. I have now come home, hooked up to a Windows 2008 Server (believe it or not) and had the option to choose which mode I wished to put the device in. I then moved the Pre back to my MacBook and it also allowed me to select which mode I wished to use. I cannot really say what made it work but it now does. I am using the factory cable now but I doubt the aftermarket cable made any difference. I'll check once I restore all 7GB of music to my device.