Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been looking at the the email app but theres one main problem. I get alot of emails and to swipe each one away is just insane. Anyone think they can figure out how to push the subject and sender to the right a bit add a checkbox to each email as well as at the bottom adding a check all / uncheck and than having a delete button that has a confirmation screen. This would be a great addition I just do not have enough experience with webOS to do it myself.
    I agree.. i got use to this on the blackberry storm. being able to multiple select is good for the sometimes junk mails..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I tried adding a check box but it was too small. Also does anyone know how the swipe to delete works. If I knew maybe I could right a function that just checks for which boxes are selected and deletes the emails associated with them.
    I don't have a Pre (yet), but maybe this shortcut from Versamail on the Centro will help a bit: hitting backspace twice deletes an email. This is very fast. Let me know if it works on the Pre.
    I am fairly certain that this will be something that Palm will have to add support for in the next version of the Mojo framework. That is the list control from the Mojo framework.
    What's wrong with ignoring the delete prompt and just swipe next one to delete off of the screen?

This will automatically delete the first one swiped.

Repeat for next one, etc.

IMHO - This seems just as hard as checking all those checked boxes you proposed.

OTOH - If one could drag finger down/up to select multiple, and then swipe this would be NEAT. It would require some sort of modifier so that it would not be interpreted as a scroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by genoahous View Post
    IMHO - This seems just as hard as checking all those checked boxes you proposed.
    Very true. It's probably the equivalent in time to check a bunch off then select delete. However, if you want to select all and then MOVE to a different folder instead of delete, check boxes is a must.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Well sometimes I get a bunch of junk email where I could just check off all and uncheck what I want to keep. Deleting each individual email can get a annoying.
    would be better... if you touch the first one you want deleted... then while leaving your finger on the screen. touch the last one and poof.. swipe and gone!
    How about either holding down the Orange Key, or the gesture area, then taping on the emails you want to delete, one swipe to the right and they are all gone. I just tried holding down different keys to test and see if that worked, but it didn't.

Seems like a software change could enable this.
    How about marking multiple emails read, or move them to another account? That would be a time saver.
    Hell, how about a simple "select all" command (orange key + A) and then drag them to delete?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I like antonio3's idea about utilizing the multi-touch capabilities. I know you can only see so many emails on one page, but if you only need to delete a few at a time, this would be a really cool shortcut.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I think like on a real computer. Hold the shift key down and click the first one you want, than drag your finger vertical to select all in between the first and your finger. Than just a swipe to the right. Also the ability to hold the orange key and than tap the ones you would like to select. Than a swipe and there gone. Lastly they should make something like orange key + a which selects all emails.
    Lusso - brilliant.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    All great ideas and comments... but the sad fact remains, I have hundreds of junk emails that are going to sit on my pre until something is developed to mass delete them! Damned if I'm spending half a day deleting them one by one!! I can't believe Palm didn't think of this!!
    One last idea. Have an option that defaults to "swipes delete", but can be changed to "swipes move to folder" so I can mass move emails to different folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    How about either holding down the Orange Key, or the gesture area, then taping on the emails you want to delete, one swipe to the right and they are all gone. I just tried holding down different keys to test and see if that worked, but it didn't.

Seems like a software change could enable this.
    I like this idea to!
    Quote Originally Posted by mam361 View Post
    All great ideas and comments... but the sad fact remains, I have hundreds of junk emails that are going to sit on my pre until something is developed to mass delete them! Damned if I'm spending half a day deleting them one by one!! I can't believe Palm didn't think of this!!
    better start unsubscribing, or making "spam" filter smarter.

but i have to admit.. i have 2 or 3 BS email accounts i use for random stuff.
    what about when you "swipe" it stays "swiped" and you can swipe other files, then deleting or moving would do the same to all things that are currently swiped
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast