Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Anyone have any idea how we can mod these apps to allow the selection of text so we can copy and paste. It seems to be that the cursor is missing and if we could find a way to add a cursor than I think we could Copy and Paste.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I was trying to figure that out as well. Why would they place the options there if you can't do it? I tried the swiping action and that didn't work. Still no ability to copy or paste through any app although they have the option listed but, sometimes not active. Sad....that didn't help me recently when I could have used it...
    I hope they add more to this feature in the update. As it is now you can only swipe to highlight and copy/paste etc... in an email you are currenly editing, like a new/forward/reply message, which like others have said, is basically the last place users would probably need the functionality.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    ^ me too.

I saw the "shift or orange + swipe" tip about selecting text for non-web browing text, but am not having any luck. Anyone else getting this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    ^ me too.

I saw the "shift or orange + swipe" tip about selecting text for non-web browing text, but am not having any luck. Anyone else getting this to work?
    If it's editable text, you tap to put the cursor where you want it. If you miss the exact space, hold "shift" and put your finger anywhere on the screen, and wherever you move your finger, the cursor moves. If you want to highlight, follow the same process, but holding the "orange" button. Works like a champ!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If it's editable text, you tap to put the cursor where you want it. If you miss the exact space, hold "shift" and put your finger anywhere on the screen, and wherever you move your finger, the cursor moves. If you want to highlight, follow the same process, but holding the "orange" button. Works like a champ!
    Other way around! Orange button for scrolling, shift for selection (as on a desktop OS).
    this is a feature that iPhone 3.0 does amazingly well, ya it took 2 years, but man the cut/copy/paste on my new 3.0 software on my iPod touch is phenomenal!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    I can't find my orange button on my desktop.

:-)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    The shift button is the UPPERcase button (looks like an arrow pointing up). I guess some people have different names for different buttons. I just highlighted text successfully for the first time 10 seconds ago.

The orange key helps with precise placement of the cursor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    Other way around! Orange button for scrolling, shift for selection (as on a desktop OS).
    D'oh!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G