Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Maybe this is something simple, but I can't seem to find the remedy.

    Ever since rooting my pre, and allowing for more launcher pages, my list of files for attachments in an email includes EVERY file on the device.

    For example, if I want to attach an image, it lists EVERTHING. icons, images, everything.

    I have a feeling its from mounting the root as read/write, or some other permissions mishap.

    How would I get this back to listing only files in the 'user' space?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
  3.    #3  
    A bump for the morning. I'd love to get this taken care of.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    A bump for the morning. I'd love to get this taken care of.
    I haven't rooted, but maybe try turning off read/write permissions.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I haven't rooted, but maybe try turning off read/write permissions.
    To what exactly is the question. Obviously 'read' needs ti be there, at least in some form.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    To what exactly is the question. Obviously 'read' needs ti be there, at least in some form.
    You said
    I have a feeling its from mounting the root as read/write, or some other permissions mishap.
    Just undo what you did. I'm sure you need to leave read access, but not write. That is what I would try. Remember, I haven't rooted, and could be wrong.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    You said

    Just undo what you did. I'm sure you need to leave read access, but not write. That is what I would try. Remember, I haven't rooted, and could be wrong.
    When you set it to write, you do so through the command line. Meaning, it's not like there was an option box to you saw what it was. You just force it into something, regardless of previous permissions. So I have no idea what they were.

    And if it has anything to do with *nix file permissions, it's a bit more difficult as there are quite a few permutations of permissions, for many different scenarios.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    When you set it to write, you do so through the command line. Meaning, it's not like there was an option box to you saw what it was. You just force it into something, regardless of previous permissions. So I have no idea what they were.

    And if it has anything to do with *nix file permissions, it's a bit more difficult as there are quite a few permutations of permissions, for many different scenarios.
    Can't help ya then. Good luck.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, gotta bump this again.
  10. #10  
    What email service do you use? Is all you did was root the pre and use the predev.wikidot to uncomment the code to allow you to add more pages to the launcher, or did you poke around somehwhere else in the file system?

    I use gmail and did that same modification to my device (also several other modifications) and don't share your issue...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jzieman2 View Post
    What email service do you use? Is all you did was root the pre and use the predev.wikidot to uncomment the code to allow you to add more pages to the launcher, or did you poke around somehwhere else in the file system?

    I use gmail and did that same modification to my device (also several other modifications) and don't share your issue...
    I use gmail/google apps/random imap server.

    It has nothing to do with email specifically, as it does the same in text message attachments.

    I didn't make any other changes, just uncommented the cases in the switch statements to allow new cards in the launcher. Do I need to reset any permissions, did I over look that?
  12. #12  
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /

    To remount as read only, see if that fixes your problem

Posting Permissions