1.    #1  
    If the Palm webOS crew is listening, could the following be added or polished-up?
    • Assignable system sounds for Messaging and New Email
    • Ignore Call and send SMS with a canned response
    • Bigger control buttons on Music Player
    • Remember location in a media file

Other than the system sound thing, I gather that these are easy things to polish-up? What does the Precentral community think?

Also, can you force silence / vibrate via software or application? I think it would be awesome if a calendar event asks you if you want to put into silence/vibrate mode for the duration of an event like a meeting. Or, for instance, in the Fandago app you purchase tickets and it adds to your calendar. It would be pretty badazz if the phone automatically goes into vibrate for the movie duration, then restores after it's done. My wife has left her phone in vibrate for days after a movie just because she forgot to restore afterwards.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    what about if every thing in your phone, you would be able to hear it. it would be like someone reading loud and clear your emails,news or anything that you want. that means that while you are driving, you could compose ,delete,read emails, choosing which news you want to hear,etc,etc, all with your voice.
    is there such a thing even in android or apple?
    There are some for the other platforms, though I am not sure it works for everything in the phones.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Aren't SMS canned responses in 2.0? Probably not as part of an ignore call feature, but at least with just a few screen taps you could send a generic response.
    This post was from June of 2009, and there hadn't been a single response to it until today...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    If the Palm webOS crew is listening, could the following be added or polished-up?
    • Assignable system sounds for Messaging and New Email
    • Ignore Call and send SMS with a canned response
    • Bigger control buttons on Music Player
    • Remember location in a media file

Other than the system sound thing, I gather that these are easy things to polish-up? What does the Precentral community think?

Also, can you force silence / vibrate via software or application? I think it would be awesome if a calendar event asks you if you want to put into silence/vibrate mode for the duration of an event like a meeting. Or, for instance, in the Fandago app you purchase tickets and it adds to your calendar. It would be pretty badazz if the phone automatically goes into vibrate for the movie duration, then restores after it's done. My wife has left her phone in vibrate for days after a movie just because she forgot to restore afterwards.
    I remember a Palm patent filing from a while back which was for something similar. I allowed you to set a 'priority' number for your contacts. Then when you created a calendar event it would ask you if you wanted to set a priority number. When you entered the meeting, any calls below that priority number would automatically go to voicemail, while others would come through.

I also remember Roger MacNamee (spelling?) touting the calendar working in sync with the GPS to alert people that you are running late. I think that webOS has the potential for a lot more synergy and I hope that HP gives developers the API's to take advantage of that (like your Fandango example)
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This post was from June of 2009, and there hadn't been a single response to it until today...
    Whoa I didn't notice that earlier. Weird that it got responded to today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Whoa I didn't notice that earlier. Weird that it got responded to today.
    Someone must be killing time until the 9th!! (I posted after it was brought back to life!)
    For the record, I responded to the new poster, not the original poster. Figured they probably aren't going to read it now, anyway. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    For the record, I responded to the new poster, not the original poster. Figured they probably aren't going to read it now, anyway. LOL
    suuuuuuuuuuure!

Mode Switcher can do the silent phone triggered by a Calendar event.
    ya gotta give shloime credit. He searched instead of starting another one! D:

and in the interim mode switcher comes along and meets the requirements of the OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    suuuuuuuuuuure!

Wonder if I can get the tapatalk developer to add a slap button?

Posted from my eVo!