Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Has anybody attempted to disable the notification sound that plays when you plug the Pre into a charger? It's the same sound as a new text message (and probably many other things too - frustrating) and I've modified that sound to be much longer so I don't miss as many texts. I've rooted my Pre, installed many of the "upgrades" but can't seem to find anything related to the charging sound.

FWIW - I have the SDK (have since March) and find "rooting" and working on the Pre over SSH to be much more fun! Documentation of the SDK is weak at best
    Can I have a copy of the sdk!?!?!?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    there isn't much to the sdk actually. the emulator is very nice, some nice demo apps, a hello world app and some online documentation (which is good but not as complete as one would like). but no copies, i'd rather palm not get mad...

back on topic - how bout that sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    Has anybody attempted to disable the notification sound that plays when you plug the Pre into a charger? It's the same sound as a new text message (and probably many other things too - frustrating) and I've modified that sound to be much longer so I don't miss as many texts. I've rooted my Pre, installed many of the "upgrades" but can't seem to find anything related to the charging sound.

FWIW - I have the SDK (have since March) and find "rooting" and working on the Pre over SSH to be much more fun! Documentation of the SDK is weak at best
    Disable Charging Event Alerts Sounds - WebOS Internals