Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just image changes, but I think they are a good start. First, my dialer background, I started with a windows 7 background and made it black and white and a little darker

i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/backdrop-phone.png
    Next, the mod to the glowing Palm logo on shutdown and boot. I kept the non glowing one stock(white text), but this makes it go between white to black, and have a red halo instead of white, I think it looks pretty awesome.

i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/palm-logo-bright.png

Next, I replaced the stock "explosion" icons when you click apps in the launcher and in the apps pages, I replaced them with actual explosions.

First, the Launcher one
    i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/quick_launch_highlight.png

This is the one for the apps pages
    i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/launcher-touch-feedback.png

Now, I didn't like the stock pictures when you plug in and go to USB Drive mode and Media Sync mode, They didn't look anything like the Pre, and just seemed out of place. I went with something a little more traditional.

i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/media-sync-fullscreen.png

i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/drive-mode-fullscreen.png

Sorry, I can't post links or images yet, so you're going to have to remove the spaces, unless someone else wants to post the images for me. There are some other buttons I changed a little bit, but I've got a ways to go still, so this is just a start... Everything I got was through google image search and freely available.
    Wow.

I REALLY like those media sync/drive mode images!

Nice work!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Here you go. Pics look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Just image changes, but I think they are a good start. First, my dialer background, I started with a windows 7 background and made it black and white and a little darker

Next, the mod to the glowing Palm logo on shutdown and boot. I kept the non glowing one stock(white text), but this makes it go between white to black, and have a red halo instead of white, I think it looks pretty awesome.

Next, I replaced the stock "explosion" icons when you click apps in the launcher and in the apps pages, I replaced them with actual explosions.

First, the Launcher one

This is the one for the apps pages

Now, I didn't like the stock pictures when you plug in and go to USB Drive mode and Media Sync mode, They didn't look anything like the Pre, and just seemed out of place. I went with something a little more traditional.

Sorry, I can't post links or images yet, so you're going to have to remove the spaces, unless someone else wants to post the images for me. There are some other buttons I changed a little bit, but I've got a ways to go still, so this is just a start... Everything I got was through google image search and freely available.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    really diggin the red palm logo...

and those explosions are rad

sooner or later i'll have to hop on the bandwagon and get this thing rooted.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thats good stuff!
    very nice, will upgrade once it comes out in canada.
    dude thats pretty pimp. I gotta get with the program, and learn how to do this!
  8.    #8  
    Oh, I almost forgot, I actually changed the shade of my Launcher button:

Also, heres a vid of the logo change

Last edited by Elysian893; 06/17/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Pretty awsome work. My Pre is going through the WebOS Doctor right now since I messed up some stuff in root but it was all in the name of good fun.
    Which prefrences did you mod to make these changes and can you upload the bootup image for us as well?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Which prefrences did you mod to make these changes and can you upload the bootup image for us as well?
    I just took the extracted webos, searched for *.png, started changing the things I wanted to change, then I email them to my phone(so I don't have to constantly go to USB mode and back to "Just Charge"), log in through SSH, and copy the images to their respective locations on the phone... the images I posted in this thread are the actual images, all you gotta do is save them, and figure out where in the applications directory they go.
  12.    #12  
    Heres some new icons, I think I'm gonna change the blue on the email icon a little bit

Last edited by Elysian893; 06/17/2009 at 02:50 PM.
    I just took the extracted webos, searched for *.png, started changing the things I wanted to change, then I email them to my phone(so I don't have to constantly go to USB mode and back to "Just Charge"), log in through SSH, and copy the images to their respective locations on the phone... the images I posted in this thread are the actual images, all you gotta do is save them, and figure out where in the applications directory they go.
    I meant listing the locations to possibly help anyone on the forums who is less tecnologically inclined Thanks for your posts though!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  14.    #14  
    I'm thinking it might be possible to pack a theme up in a tarball, that you'd extract from / and itd put all the files where they need to go for you... I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to very shortly. Could have it also place the backup images in the folders as well, would make for a very neat install, if it works the way I think it would... Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
  15.    #15  
    I just got done updating the charging/battery icon to be sideways instead of straight up and down... I'm used to it coming from all my older Sprint phones, I just like this layout a little better, and its always the little things I notice first.

Last edited by Elysian893; 06/17/2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Oh, I almost forgot, I actually changed the shade of my Launcher button:

i613 .photobucket. com/albums/tt218/Elysian893/icon.png

Also, heres a vid of the logo change

www .youtube. com/watch?v=c46OIGkeU-I
    Sweet. It looks like your Pre is one of the Final Five...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Sweet. It looks like your Pre is one of the Final Five...
    I had to look up Final Five, and I still don't have a clue what you mean after doing that Not a BSG fan.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I had to look up Final Five, and I still don't have a clue what you mean after doing that Not a BSG fan.
    Sorry. I grew up with the original Battlestar Galactica and Knight Rider, and really like the reboot version. What I meant is that the pulsating red glow makes it look aliiiiiiive. Artificial intelligent constructs on the screen seem to often have a red glow: Cylons, KITT, HAL...

What kind of graphics files are involved? Is it a fade in/fade out of two static graphics files, or something animated? Could you make a red "LED" moving back and forth?

Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Sorry. I grew up with the original Battlestar Galactica and Knight Rider, and really like the reboot version. What I meant is that the pulsating red glow makes it look aliiiiiiive. Artificial intelligent constructs on the screen seem to often have a red glow: Cylons, KITT, HAL...

What kind of graphics files are involved? Is it a fade in/fade out of two static graphics files, or something animated? Could you make a red "LED" moving back and forth?

media. battlestarwiki.org/images/e/ef/6spine-ms.jpg
    The Pre just uses 2 images for the boot/shutdown logo, the white one, and the glow one. It does the animating on its own. I'm going to do up a green one, a blue one, and a yellow one as well, see which one I like best.
    So how does a non-programmer make these mods. I know a bit about html, ftp, and files. Do I need to signup for their developer program?

Basically what are the step by step instructions on how to get going on these?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast