1.    #1  
    Anyone else running into issues while they are SSH'ed into their Pre using WiFi or Evdo. If I let the pre sit for even a little while I receive this message.

Code:
    Broadcast message from root (Tue Jun 16 17:59:56 2009):

powerd: System going to sleep now

Broadcast message from root (Tue Jun 16 18:00:01 2009):

powerd: System woke up.
    On Evdo I can tap a key and it wakes up for a couple seconds, however when using WiFi it will say connection reset by peer and I have to manually turn the phone back on.

I'm thinking this is because the pre does not put the ppp device in sleep mode however the same rule doesnt apply for eth0

The only true solution I've found is to leave the pre on the touchstone so that it just doesn't go to sleep.

Does anyone know if their is a way I can make this time longer before it goes to sleep? I've already changed the display on time to 3 minutes.
    Ditto. Anyone have any ideas?
    I just keep mine plugged in and it doesn't disconnect...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlong88 View Post
    I just keep mine plugged in and it doesn't disconnect...
    With the touchstone or the USB charger?
    WiFi or EVDO access?
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Play music on it, or put it on the charger. That's the phone going into it's suspend mode ....... to save BATTERY
    Can you just turn off the powerd service? At least when you are currently messing around inside the linux portion of the phone?
    A solution is posted on the Wiki... yay! Now you can change the timer to whatever you want and the device won't turn off the screen (send sleep messages while ssh'ing). This of course can kill your battery.
    see my new mod about idle/time outs or kill powerd or plug it or charge it or listen to music.. Current work arounds
    So you can kill powerd w/o side effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris View Post
    see my new mod about idle/time outs or kill powerd or plug it or charge it or listen to music.. Current work arounds
    What the command to stop powerd, and how do I bring it back?
    I am useing my pre as a modem but when my phone goes to sleep (or fades away) it shuts me off the internet. Is there a way to make this stop??
    Last edited by gu12u7; 09/03/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    What if I only what this hack to work while My tethering. I mean...I like the battery saving aspect of the stock settings. I just hate having to always have my USB cable handy in order to use My Tether. I've heard that I can purchase a version of My Tether that keeps the entire phone from sleeping (screen & connection.) What I want is a hack/app that turns the screen off (after a few seconds), but leaves the EVDO connection active while I'm using My Tether (without USB cable.) Wouldn't this save a lot more battery life then leaving the screen on unnecessarily, since all you need active is the EVDO connection to use My Tether? Does the $10 version of My Tether do this already?
    Last edited by aairman23; 09/11/2009 at 10:38 AM.
    I believe the paid-for version of this app solves this for you.
    Timepiece app, at least that 1 maybe others. Just run it. Screen stays on as far as I can tell.