Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    Would something like this be possible on a non-rooted pre in the future? Why is it that some apps need a rooted pre and some apps (homebrew) ones do not? I'm guessing you are changing some internal code on the pre and this is why it needs rooting...
    rooted pre is a must and yes that is why
    MatterOfFactJack
    UPDATE amazon over 3g fix for 1.1.0

okay i did it and am very proude of myself considering i was basicaly navigating blindly.. anyway this is what needs to be done and xorg you might want to update your OP

comment out lines 440-442

Code:
    440 //if (userInitiated &&
    441         //this.showWifiRequired
    442//}
    then force lines 465 & 466 to be true and comment out line 467

Code:
    465 if (1 == 1) {
    466    if (1 == 1) 
    467		//|| PalmSystem.version.index
    in the end make sure you reboot when i didnt reboot my amazon app didnt load all the way. maybe it was a fluke i dunno but cant hurt to reboot. (Orange + SYM + R)

___________bellow is my old post______________________
    I was looking at the new code and it is all different either that or i just dont know what i am looking at. the original line from 416 is now located on line 440 but the lines fallowing 416 are not the same code fallowing lines 440.

line 417 has been moved to 729
    line 418 has been moved to 730
    line 420 similar message is located on 735

lines 446-448 have been moved to 465-467

so 446 and 447 need to be forced true and 448 needs to be commented out as for the first set of lines... i am unable to figure out what needs to be done

Note: i am not a programmer there for do not completely understand what the code is doing considering it has changed quit a bit. just stating where the lines have been moved to for others to look into.
    Last edited by jack87; 09/01/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    In the code change for 466 shouldn't it be this (remove space between left paren and 1):
    466 if (1 == 1)

rather than this:
    466 if ( 1 == 1)

I believe it makes a difference in ksh but not sure about linux. Anyway, I applied the change without the space and it works correctly.
    Using Palm Pre on Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by nerual96 View Post
    In the code change for 466 shouldn't it be this (remove space between left paren and 1):
    466 if (1 == 1)

rather than this:
    466 if ( 1 == 1)

I believe it makes a difference in ksh but not sure about linux. Anyway, I applied the change without the space and it works correctly.
    yes... good call... doesn't really matter but it the right way indeed.
    MatterOfFactJack
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123