1.    #1  
    Before I start looking around for it I was wondering if someone found or maybe could point me in the right direction to a way to hide the Quick Launch bar at the bottom of the screen?

I dont really need it visable and if I need to access any of the buttons on there I can just bring it up via the 'wave'.

Not to mention it would be really nice to view 12 application in the launcher without having to scroll...
    ditto!
    palm still want this phone to be a phone, u and many others people want to customize the **** out of this thing but cant yet..
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    The launch bar is fine....however I would like to take off the launcher icon and replace it with an app or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    The launch bar is fine....however I would like to take off the launcher icon and replace it with an app or something else.
    To change out apps in launch bar, just open up the main lanucher, then tap & hold on (one of the five) the app you do not want in the bottom and drag it to the quick launch where your other apps are...This will allow you to now add an app of your preference buy dragging and dropping the app you want into the launch bar at the bottom of your screen. Just repeat the process for the other apps you would like to change out

Hope this makes sense
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    @kmehr

He is talking about the launcher icon on the right, you can't get rid of that one unfortunately.

I would love to have the option of hiding the launch bar altogether and just use the wave to call things up.

Or just use universal search all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    @kmehr

He is talking about the launcher icon on the right, you can't get rid of that one unfortunately.

I would love to have the option of hiding the launch bar altogether and just use the wave to call things up.

Or just use universal search all the time.
    haha gues I should have read more carefully. Unfortunately I am not sure how to do that but I am more than positive that somone will figure something out.

This place (as you know) has very talented people...I am just a small fry compared to what they can do
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Yeah, I should have added 'yet' to the end of my sentence
    Yeah, i agree with some others. I would like that launcher app thing off of the end and maybe to open the launcher when you click the button.
    I third the request to remove the launcher button. Plus an upswipe from the gesture area brings up the launcher anyway. And a downswipe closes it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    lots of amens for removing the launcher app - no solutions...

I'm just throwing my 'amen' into the mix... I'd also like to move the phone app from the quick launch as well - why did Palm presume to know how I would want to use the device? I watched a video with the CEO from Palm talking about the quick launch saying things like - "you can change any of these five out... oh, except the phone"

Now my quick launch bar is down to 3 apps... I don't need the other two - since upswipe gives me the launcher without needing the icon... and I RARELY go directly to the phone app - I hit contacts, universal search, or just hit answer when a call is coming in... I want to remove both of those from the quick launch...
    Great idea... let's get it figured out!
    They should have made an "auto-hide" option for the launcher a la the OS X Dock.

Be cool if you could just keep it hid & then use the wave launcher whenever you wanted to bring it back. Seems like a no-brainer to me that they would do this.
    Just ran across this code in launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $Anyone$ $have$ $a$ $clue$ $how$ $to$ $implement$ $this$ $to$ $turn$ $off$ $the$ $quicklaunch$ $bar$? $Either$ $a$ $small$ $app$ $or$ $a$ $patch$?

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

/* toggle visibility of quick launch bar */
    showQuickLaunch: function(show) {
    var request = new Mojo.Service.Request('palm://com.palm.systemmanager', {
    method: 'systemUi',
    parameters: {'quicklaunch':show}
    });
    request = null;
    },

hideLauncher: function() {
    parameters: {'launcher':false}
    });
    request = null;
    },
    ok.. got a bit further... help would be appreciated

around line 759 in the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $if$ $you$ $change$:
    parameters: {'quicklaunch':show}
    to
    parameters: {'quicklaunch':false}

when you restart, the quick launch bar will be there.. but if you open and then close the launcher, the quick launch bar disappears... getting it to be gone on boot would be nice if anyone can figure that out.

/* toggle visibility of quick launch bar */
    showQuickLaunch: function(show) {
    parameters: {'quicklaunch':false}
    });
    request = null;
    Any chance of anyone making this into a homebrew tweak to hide the launcher tool bar? cheers
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 01/14/2010 at 05:07 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    yeah this patch is old.