Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I was able to get my forwarding numbers (busy/no answer) changed to use youmail (by calling Sprint tech support).

Now what I'd like to do is change my dialer button to dial '7142043114' instead of my Sprint voicemail. Yes, I know I can dial the contact I have for youmail or setup a speed dial, but it would be nice to have the vm button on the dialer to make that call.

Anywho, poking around, I found this:

/var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.palm.app.phone_0/0000000000000002.db

which has a properties table in it:

Code:
    sqlite> PRAGMA table_info(properties);
    0|frowid|integer|0||1
    1|value|text|0|''|0
    2|left|integer|0|0|1
    3|right|integer|0|0|1
    4|name|text|0|''|0
    5|type|text|0|''|0

sqlite> select * from properties
    1|911 - Emergency Call|2|3|*911|string
    1|911 - Emergency Call|4|5|#911|string
    1|Voicemail|6|7|0000007697|string
    1|Sprint Customer Service|8|9|*2|string
    1|Sprint Payment Services|10|11|*3|string
    1|Sprint Wireless Account Information|12|13|*4|string
    1|Sprint Voice Command|14|15|*|string
    1|Good frequencies|16|17|17102622453032400|string
    1|Carrier Repair Service|18|19|611|string
    1|Non-Emergency Services|20|21|311|string
    1|Sprint Operator|22|23|0|string
    1|Call Before You Dig|24|25|811|string
    1|Voicemail|26|27|1|string
    1|TTY Relay Service|28|29|711|string
    1|Community Information|30|31|211|string
    1|Traffic Information|32|33|511|string
    1|Sprint Directory Assistance|34|35|411|string
    1|911 - Emergency Call|36|37|911|string
    1|Voicemail|38|39|[MYNUMBER]|string
    1|(container)|1|40||object
    I tried replacing [MYNUMBER] with the youmail number:

Code:
    update properties set name = "7142043114" where value = "Voicemail" and left = "38" and right = "39";
    Tried the dialer and it still took me to Sprint vm. Rebooted, tried again, no change. SSH'd back in and made sure my change was still in the db and it is.

So I'm assuming I've found the wrong place to make the change. Does anyone know where the correct place(s) are so that anything voicemail related on the phone will dial youmail instead of Sprint vm?

TIA
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Does it cost extra to get my forwarding numbers (busy/no answer) changed to use youmail?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Does it cost extra to get my forwarding numbers (busy/no answer) changed to use youmail?
    To have Sprint change them: no. For them to be used: yes. $.20/minute.

Someone leaves a 2 minute voicmail once you've had Sprint change your forwarding number, $.40 (since they're being forwarded). You check that voicemail and it goes against whatever plan you have (since you dialed them directly).
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks View Post
    To have Sprint change them: no. For them to be used: yes. $.20/minute.

Someone leaves a 2 minute voicmail once you've had Sprint change your forwarding number, $.40 (since they're being forwarded). You check that voicemail and it goes against whatever plan you have (since you dialed them directly).
    So let me get this straight, every voicemail you receive is .40 a minute? Went on the website and it seems like a cool feature to have
  5.    #5  
    Depends on the length of the vm, but basically, yes. But that's Sprint charging for the forward. On my E71 there was no forwarding charge from ATT, and I could set up the forward through the phone.

...can't wait for the GSM Pre so I can go back to using my ATT acct
    Do you have to maybe put a 1 for the country code, then area code, then your number?
  7.    #7  
    Mebbe I'll give that a try tomorrow, but the number they had in place of MYNUMBER was my 10 digit cell number, sans country code, which is why I put youmail's number in its place as such.
  8.    #8  
    Still haven't been able to change the number that my voicemail button dials. Anyone?
    would love to find this out aswell!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Not sure why this works but it does.

Create a contact with your own phone number. In the email field of the contact put your voicemail number. Then save (obviously).

Now, everytime you hit the VM button or hold on 1 it will dial the number you put in the email field
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrain View Post

Create a contact with your own phone number. In the email field of the contact put your voicemail number. Then save (obviously).

Now, everytime you hit the VM button or hold on 1 it will dial the number you put in the email field
    Since I already had a contact for myself, I added the YM number as another email address. Once saved, this did not work for me with either the voicemail button or by holding down the 1 (both within the phone app screen).
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrain
    The vm number can probably be the only email address it says to work
    I went ahead and removed my phone's number from my contact, as well as the new "email address" I added for my first try. I then created a completely new contact "Voicemail". I put my phone's number as the one and only number, and then youmail's number as the one and only email address as spoken above, saved the contact. Still no go for voicemail icon or holding 1 down. Oh wells.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that, having come to the Pre and Sprint from ATT, I'm stunned that they charge to forward to a different vm service. I used to use fusion vm and youmail all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khidr View Post
    Just wanted to say that, having come to the Pre and Sprint from ATT, I'm stunned that they charge to forward to a different vm service. I used to use fusion vm and youmail all the time.
    not no more
  15. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    * bump *

Has anyone been able to map Long press on #1 Voicemail icon shortcut to another number?
    This would really make google voice a lot more usefull. I think one of the reasons the fix suggested doesn't work is the new contact I add with my cell phone number isn't the default. It uses the facebook one as default so it won't get the email line where you put the google voice number in.
    Take a look in usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/models/TelephonyService.jsjsjs $Line$ $611$
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    I echo the same question in another thread in the main Pre forum... Anything? Anybody?

...crickets...

cc92260: what you posted there is Greek to anybody who hasn't rooted their phone (like me). A little more info perhaps?
  19. Did
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrain View Post

This works! It dialed the number to my voicemail (my own number).

But, it did not dial the number preceded by '#', even though I entered it into the contacts, before the area code. If I dial directly, including the "number sign" eg. # (123) 456-7890, it will dial and take me directly to the voicemail prompt asking me to enter my password, rather than asking me to enter my whole phone number, followed by my password.

Does anyone know HOW TO MAKE THE PRE INCLUDE THE '#' WHEN DIALING FROM THE CONTACTS?

Thanks. This phone sucks!!
    As a happy Google Voice user, I thought this would be a helpful thread, so I've been monitoring it for the solution ... and then discovered this is already possible on my new AT&T Palm Pre Plus (recently switched from Sprint). This is on WebOS 1.4.2

Open the Phone App, and open the preferences window. Right there on the preference screen is a data box for changing the "Voicemail Number" ... I was even able to include the "pp" between the number and my GV pin. Very Happy with that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast