Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    over 2 hours now with Pandora. If its still going when 5 oclock rolls around(5 hours from now), I think it'll be time to update the Wiki. Don't want to call this confirmed until then though. Hopefully others can test this and confirm as well. I should have tested this further when I was messing with the minimum setting the other day, glad jauderho got me to try it again.
    That is good so far.

Also though, I am wondering if anyone knows what powersave_bias setting is? I found some intel slides online that reference it and it looks to be for server threads so I assume its nothing that would really work for the pre, if anyone knows anything different though it would be good to shed some light on that setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonVisc View Post
    That is good so far.

Also though, I am wondering if anyone knows what powersave_bias setting is? I found some intel slides online that reference it and it looks to be for server threads so I assume its nothing that would really work for the pre, if anyone knows anything different though it would be good to shed some light on that setting.
    I tried messing with it, it didn't have any effect from what I could tell.
    Had to be a fluke, a nearly 3 hour long fluke, the only thing I did was mess with smartreflex, decide it wasn't for me, set up cpu scaling again, reboot, and boom, 10 minutes into a Pandora session, non-responsive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Had to be a fluke, a nearly 3 hour long fluke, the only thing I did was mess with smartreflex, decide it wasn't for me, set up cpu scaling again, reboot, and boom, 10 minutes into a Pandora session, non-responsive...
    I'm just checking, but you had your script set the min frequency to 250 right after the reboot with scaling on, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonVisc View Post
    I'm just checking, but you had your script set the min frequency to 250 right after the reboot with scaling on, right?
    Yep. I lied though, I changed the up_threshold setting to 25, so I put it back to 30 to see if it works any better.
    could one of you skilled men possibly make mee an ipk thats revertable?
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    could one of you skilled men possibly make mee an ipk thats revertable?
    Nope, unpossible.

got 30 minutes in this time, and thats it... I'm tired of messing with this for today, I'll just use my Zune
    Thanks anyways, Guess ill just wait til end of summer when you guys start popping out these mods like crack on a corner...
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    its official scaling does not like pandora. runns sluggish with pandora in the background other then that seems fine.
    I have had problems with sluggish pandora from before rooted my pre. It doesn't start off sluggish, but after a few songs, everything else on the pre slows down. I even commented in the pandora review on the app catalog, that I thought the app had a memory leak.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I changed my phone to ondemand from 500000 to 125000 and have had no issues for about 4 days. No problems other than the issue with pandora. Happened to me once where the phone just cut off and I had to remove the battery. I have definitely seen an improvement in battery life especially when idle.

Anybody have any luck with the smartreflex mode? Does it do a better job at saving battery life without having issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    I changed my phone to ondemand from 500000 to 125000 and have had no issues for about 4 days. No problems other than the issue with pandora. Happened to me once where the phone just cut off and I had to remove the battery. I have definitely seen an improvement in battery life especially when idle.

Anybody have any luck with the smartreflex mode? Does it do a better job at saving battery life without having issues?
    is the problem pandora the app itself? or is the problem with streaming music/ video in general?

Have you tried starting a long movie , or something online, then letting go to idle?

see what happens? If it dosn't create any problems, then it will be up the pandora devs to fix it. But it might be a problem with streaming content in general...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    is the problem pandora the app itself? or is the problem with streaming music/ video in general?

Have you tried starting a long movie , or something online, then letting go to idle?

see what happens? If it dosn't create any problems, then it will be up the pandora devs to fix it. But it might be a problem with streaming content in general...
    I think we narrowed it down to 3g intensive apps. Best way to test it seems to be pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsgraphics View Post
    I think we narrowed it down to 3g intensive apps. Best way to test it seems to be pandora.
    I don't know about that, because it happens when the phone is apparently doing nothing, and it also happens when connected via WiFi. It might be network related in general, but what does the phone do at random when no apps are open that uses bandwidth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I don't know about that, because it happens when the phone is apparently doing nothing, and it also happens when connected via WiFi. It might be network related in general, but what does the phone do at random when no apps are open that uses bandwidth?
    Well, when in sleep, the phone uses 3G instead of WiFi.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Well, when in sleep, the phone uses 3G instead of WiFi.
    Does it when in sleep mode streaming Pandora? I wasn't able to confirm it, it crashed too fast!

I'm considering doing the mod where you can disable 3g while keeping wifi up, and seeing if that does any good.

edit: I've now been able to confirm, when streaming Pandora and wifi is enabled, and the phone goes to sleep, wifi stays up. I'm gonna keep this going until it BSoD's.
    there it goes, on Wifi, not even 30 minutes.
    Was on a call and my screen when unresponsive. Still was able to continue the call though through to the end. I actually wish I had stayed on the call. After the call was over, I tried to connect to the phone through USB, Wifi and EVDO. All to no avail.

So there is definitely still some processes functional when a (partial) freeze happens.
    Had my first freeze today after a simple call with nothing else open. No biggie, just reset the phone.
    @ericthered I meant that setting the min freq to 250 causes the Pre to actually use 250 as a transition state instead of completely ignoring it previously.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast