Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickerZ View Post
    If you set it to userspace instead of ondemand, and set the max and min freq to 600000, it works. I tried it, but haven't tested it running at 600MHz for any length of time.
    I set it to userspace, with min frequency still set to 125, and it ran at 600 the whole time...
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I've made an ipk that hopefully includes this fix (but as not a pre owner, can't test)

http://yucs.org/~spotter/org.yucs.sp..._0.0.2_all.ipk

can someone try to load it (preferably in a rooted pre that doesn't have it applied already or can have it removed) and see if it sticks?

also be interesting to figure out how I can make it removable.

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by spotter View Post
    I've made an ipk that hopefully includes this fix (but as not a pre owner, can't test)

http://yucs.org/~spotter/org.yucs.sp..._0.0.2_all.ipk

can someone try to load it (preferably in a rooted pre that doesn't have it applied already or can have it removed) and see if it sticks?

also be interesting to figure out how I can make it removable.

thanks.
    I'll be your guinneau pig, but is it a 500mhz one or 600mhz?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    600mhz
    600mhz
    Awesome, I'll let you know when its done rebooting.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    all it should do is install the event.d file. if you can verify that its there, and that the cpufreq stuff is setup appropriately (ondemand, 125 and 600...) that be great.
    all it should do is install the event.d file. if you can verify that its there, and that the cpufreq stuff is setup appropriately (ondemand, 125 and 600...) that be great.
    I don't see it there, I'm rebooting now, but I'd imagine it should be there if i clicked on the .ipkg from the email...
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    hmm. ok, then it might not be working right then.

can you run ipkg by hand?
    hmm. ok, then it might not be working right then.

can you run ipkg by hand?
    Ran it by hand, your link isn't working for me from the phone, so I cut off everything in front of cpuspeed on the filename and put it on my server, now, it'll work from ipkg on the command prompt, but I didn't have the file system remounted, so I got a lot of Read-Only file system errors. Run it with everything remounted, it looks like it works, but it still didn't work from clicking the link in my email, only manually, which means you'd need a rooted phone to do it anyways. I've got a feeling since its not going into the application space, its not going to work. You also have an error in one of the lines, the 125000 line, you put scaling_max_freq, not scaling_min_freq, though that variable is unnecissary since it doesn't change how scaling works anyways, no matter what # you set it to.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    ok. is /etc writable without hacking?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    also, tip calculator installs into /usr/palm/applications. I guess I dont know enough about the fs layout
    also, tip calculator installs into /usr/palm/applications. I guess I dont know enough about the fs layout
    Are you able to delete the tip calculator from that file?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    /usr/palm/applications would definitely fall under the applications space. /etc isn't writeable without remounting the file system RW.
    I found the tip calculator in /var/usr/palm/applications. Not in the official Palm directory.
    I have a contact that works for Sprint who is relaying this cpu scaling info to their Palm contact, so I'm really interested to hear what he/she has to say about this. I'd love for Palm to take a crack at getting this working properly.
    Anyone been able to get CPU scaling not to freeze the phone?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Anyone been able to get CPU scaling not to freeze the phone?
    You mean when its in standby and it becomes unresponsive? Or are you getting freezing while actually using it?
    well, i left it on the charger all night and woke up to a non-responsive phone... =p
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    well, i left it on the charger all night and woke up to a non-responsive phone... =p
    Yeah, I've had that happen too, its not common, but it happens. Most of the non-responsiveness happens when streaming pandora and the phone drops to standby. To answer your question, not yet. I haven't had any time to mess with it really today, and I've run out of ideas, and I don't think anyone else is actually trying to fix it...
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    if I knew the layout of the pre, I could probably get it to remount the /etc partition rw in the package's preinst script and then remount it ro in the postinst script (and similarly for removal), but as I don't can't really solve this, someone else can with a little bit of effort though.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast