Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Well the tools to implement scaling are in the Pre. Palm just hasnt used them yet. My personal guess is that they are working on a new power saving driver and governer. We saw a change to the driver in the 1.1 update so maybe they are getting close to releasing a new governer.

Palm probably new about smart reflex and the other power saving features of TI's omap they just havnt put together a good combination of smartflex + scaling that they are comfortable with. It is coming i guarantee it.

I think cpu scaling was buggy till i fixed it. people were using a crazy fast sampling rate and way to high speed up thresholds. Also the scaling governor had issues with those small sampling rates forcing it to change frequencies several times a second. I beleive most of the problems have been ironed out with my power saving scheme. Check out my thread.
    From a strategy perspective, I would venture to guess Palm will implement this with the onset of Flash and Video Recording features. I could see those two features being battery life "destroyers "....
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Good to hear that your LunaSysMgr is behaving. That is an interesting find about the link between EVDO connections and Java. There is no way for me to test at work but as soon as i get home i will verify your claims with my phone. Its just one more useful fact that will help us in our homebrew efforts.
    Huh... Weird. I'm SSH'd into my Pre via USBNet and EVDO right now... And Java is behaving as well. the only difference? I'm only using 500mhz with my cpuspeed script now. Is it possible that overclocking is causing some applications (mainly java and luna) to act all borked? Possible race conditions or something? Hm....
    crap dude your making me drool.

imagine WebOS 2.0

full flash support
    new power saving feature that utilizes smartflex and scaling (at least 50% increase to battery life)
    video recording and editing

that would make for a nice Thanksgiving.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    new power saving feature that utilizes smartflex and scaling (at least 50% increase to battery life)
    I'm doing that right now with my cpuspeed script
    @VitViper

nice find dude. Will be experimenting with that tonight.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    @VitViper

nice find dude. Will be experimenting with that tonight.
    Try it out. I posted my binaries, my event.d script and the diff against the 1.5 cpuspeed code base.
    crap dude your making me drool.

imagine WebOS 2.0

full flash support
    video recording and editing

that would make for a nice Thanksgiving.
    I could see these and many new features being added in prep for launch on other carriers....which is about that timeframe.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
    I'm doing that right now with my cpuspeed script
    where can i find your script..thanx
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangokim View Post
    where can i find your script..thanx
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1791934

Read clipcarl's first post in that thread on how to use it. You might want to modify the vit-cpuspeed script to use 500000 instead of 550000.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1791934

Read clipcarl's first post in that thread on how to use it. You might want to modify the vit-cpuspeed script to use 500000 instead of 550000.

how to chng it to 550000, i want the same as your since you mention its work for ya..thanx
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tangokim View Post
    how to chng it to 550000, i want the same as your since you mention its work for ya..thanx
    It's set to 550000 in the file already.
  12.    #432  
    It's set to 550000 in the file already.
    VitViper you rock, I just started using your script and it makes a noticeable improvement in speed, now we will see about battery life!
    <I accidentally the whole pre>

<Palm Pre Speed Test>

where do you go to type that stuff in ? and how do you set the idling at 125mhz the pitch i got set it to 250mhz
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122