Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jauderho View Post
    @ericthered I meant that setting the min freq to 250 causes the Pre to actually use 250 as a transition state instead of completely ignoring it previously.
    Mine never completely ignored it. I've spent enough time watching time_in_state to know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I don't know about that, because it happens when the phone is apparently doing nothing, and it also happens when connected via WiFi. It might be network related in general, but what does the phone do at random when no apps are open that uses bandwidth?
    With me it happened twice during Pandora. Oh and once when I left Gmail overnight, altho' I don't know if it auto refreshes.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    wow whats next pre overclocking??? maybe 1ghz :P
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My pre locked up today as it was idling. First time it's done that when it's not running Pandora. I've removed the scaling script and am going back to poor battery life but stabler device. It's my alarm for work so I can't have it locking up in the middle of the night.

I asked previously but no one answered so I'll ask again.. Anybody have any luck with the smartreflex mode? Does it do a the same or better job at saving battery life without locking up?

I'm going to miss having 70% battery at the end of the day with some limited use. Back to charging every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    wow whats next pre overclocking??? maybe 1ghz :P
    They have overclocked it, from 500mhz to 600mhz. The processor is locked at a maximum of 600mhz, it cannot go higher
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    My pre locked up today as it was idling. First time it's done that when it's not running Pandora. I've removed the scaling script and am going back to poor battery life but stabler device. It's my alarm for work so I can't have it locking up in the middle of the night.

I asked previously but no one answered so I'll ask again.. Anybody have any luck with the smartreflex mode? Does it do a the same or better job at saving battery life without locking up?

I'm going to miss having 70% battery at the end of the day with some limited use. Back to charging every night.
    I used smartreflex@600mhz and drained 5% battery life in a matter of minutes. I was not impressed.
    Well, I just had the wierdest thing happen. Was streaming pandora so a friend could hear a band, and I was actively using the phone and got the BSoD! I was looking through the band info, actively scrolling, while it happened
    Smartreflex seems to be very stable @ 600mhz, but to improve battery life, I may run it at 550 to see if that makes a difference. As I stated in the other thread, I went to bed with 100% charge at 10:00PM, woke up at 8:00AM and the phone was at 87% charge with no apps running of course and the phone was almost as cold as ice. I'm guessing enabling smartreflex even at 500mhz would make a huge difference then how it is now.
    9:35AM fully charged @ 100% I'm running top gear in youtube to see how it affects battery life. I'm currently running the cpu at 550 MHZ, and it is still very smooth and very snappy.
    10 minutes into the video, the battery cover is very slightly warm to the touch, but not getting any hotter. battery is still at 100% charge. Yesterday running at 600mhz, I did see the battery charge going down 3 to 4% in charge in less than 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadrice View Post
    10 minutes into the video, the battery cover is very slightly warm to the touch, but not getting any hotter. battery is still at 100% charge. Yesterday running at 600mhz, I did see the battery charge going down 3 to 4% in charge in less than 5 minutes.
    I'll have to try running at 550, 600 definitely sucked down the power, and it didn't cool down at all, it got much warmer from 600 scaling.
    I'm really liking it at 550. I'm currently down to 94% at 10:12 since I started youtube and constantly playing videos starting at 9:35.
    Ii'm finding app response and menu transitions to be much much smoother at 550 than at 600. The phone just seems much happier at that setting. Everything is just much more fluid, so I'll continue to leave it at that setting. My guess is 600 may be a bit too much overclocking.
    Yeah SmartReflex and 600 killed my battery like nothing else. I have it set to stock 500 with SmartReflex now, we'll see how that works. I can't risk having the phone freeze while charging as I use it as an alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jadrice View Post
    Ii'm finding app response and menu transitions to be much much smoother at 550 than at 600. The phone just seems much happier at that setting. Everything is just much more fluid, so I'll continue to leave it at that setting. My guess is 600 may be a bit too much overclocking.
    It shouldn't be, the chip is spec'd to run well over that, 600 really shouldn't be considered "overclocking" at all, considering everything I've read says the TI OMAP 3430 is capable of up to 1ghz. Running at 600 should be easy for this chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogremustcrush View Post
    Yeah SmartReflex and 600 killed my battery like nothing else. I have it set to stock 500 with SmartReflex now, we'll see how that works. I can't risk having the phone freeze while charging as I use it as an alarm.
    I do too, but I'm blessed in the fact I have an excellent internal clock I also haven't had it freeze yet when I need it as my alarm.
    well, I am trying smartreflex method without the documented scaling... it is set at 550

It has been about 1:30 hour already not much drop in batt or locking yet.. will report back in 24 hours.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    well, I am trying smartreflex method without the documented scaling... it is set at 550

It has been about 1:30 hour already not much drop in batt or locking yet.. will report back in 24 hours.
    Is that just while idle, or have you actually been using it? I found actually using the phone drained it just as much as it drained with no scaling or smartreflex, unlike scaling.
    that is with using txting, browsing internet and 4 emails account checking...
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    that is with using txting, browsing internet and 4 emails account checking...
    How much is not much? Over how long? I've already posted my findings with SmartReflex, how do yours match up to mine? Maybe try streaming Pandora to see if your battery usage matches mine?