1.    #1  
    Anybody still in contact with Shadowmite? He did great things with the Treo and then moved on to other challenges. I posted on his website but it is sort of semi-dormant, the forums anyway. If anybody can reach him see if you can get him back here, his custom roms were just the kind of things we need with the pre.
    hahahahahahaahaha

Completely agreed! I wasn't around then, but I did catch up on his forum and all his work with the Treo after I got mine.

MAD Kudos to that guy!
    He was magical.
    Just hearing that name takes me back, I hope he comes into possession of a Palm Pre and cooks up some custom ROMs with everyone else here!

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  5.    #5  
    Perhaps the highpoint of Treocentral:

The 650 is released with some serious bugs on volume, voice quality and other things. Then, mysteriously, someone supposedly finds an SD card just lying in the in the box with their brand new Treo. Not sure what's on it he sends it to Shadowmite. Low and behold its the code that cracks the ROM and lets patches come out to fix the sound and other problems months before Palm issues a fix. Also allowed a lot of other things as well. Palm "ignores" it all until they release their own update then start threatening people who are distibuting the custom ROMs.

Also back then a number of us, including me, were emailing back and forth directly with Palm techs that were working on the problems, we could talk directly to them and explain what was going on and, get this.......THEY WOULD RESPOND! I know, I know, hard to believe and they eventually shut them all down but it was a magical time.....
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/16/2009 at 12:24 AM.
    This guy sounds amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    This guy sounds amazing!
    He was something else in the hey-day of the Treo and the Treo 650. Hopefully we'll hear from him again. He could only help us that much more.
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Wow - that does bring back memories - I loved working with his stuff! You got to love smart!!!
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Does anyone have his email?

or no what forums he's on?
    Shadowmite rocked! Shadowmite.com Blog
    He helped get android ported to the htc apache and has a blog i followed until he moved on to other handhelds. i'm sure he still checks email from the site so just send a link to hi blog site by doing a whois or contact us. google for the blog name i cant post links
    You're really doing a slight disservice to the people who are already hacking the Pre and doing a great job by saying this. Sure, Shadowmite did some great stuff back in the Treo 650 days, but he's not the only one that can modify a device, and if he's not interested in the Pre, so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You're really doing a slight disservice to the people who are already hacking the Pre and doing a great job by saying this. Sure, Shadowmite did some great stuff back in the Treo 650 days, but he's not the only one that can modify a device, and if he's not interested in the Pre, so be it.
    The people who are doing it now are doing a great job. I don't even know what that guy did. I didn't hear about the treo, until after i heard about the pre. It's just that the more good people we have, the better.
    woooops
    Last edited by mokash34; 06/17/2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: i'm illiterate
    Sing Along;

"Thanks for the Memories"

or

"Those were the Days"

or

"Good Times"

or

"Will they ever Come Again?"
    Just call me Berd.
    Edited.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/17/2009 at 02:14 PM.
    You must've not read many of my posts then.
    lol, you are right. I'm terribly sorry I sincerely thought you were a different person!

sorry again haha i'll try to remove that last post!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Shadowmite rocked! Shadowmite.com Blog
    Wow, his message boards are getting hit hard by spammers.

I wonder if he's hearing any of this?
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I totally agree! ShadowMite deserves a place in history, and would probably be helpful, but he's certainly not "needed" this time around.

It's great to hear his name mentioned, and it's sort of ironic that it's in the context of the nextgen palm device that actually does have wi-fi. (Shadowmite really wanted to get the Palm wifi card to work with the treo 600/650, but when that wasn't possible, he turned his attention to custom roms instead.)

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!