1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm interested in learning to develop for webOS. Now, I understand that as yet there's no SDK released, however, because we know what the languages to be used are, could someone suggest resources which I could learn from.

Please note that I have NEVER coded in any way before, however I've gotta start somewhere, and this seems as good a time as any!

Ben
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    I agree...

I've got verrrrry basic and hardly existent coding skills.... and although the wiki is sweet

some of us have a hard time understanding steps that more advanced coders know by heart.

example... how the heck do i save the code i'm working on with vi after i've edited it to allow me to add/delete pages?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    I agree...

I've got verrrrry basic and hardly existent coding skills.... and although the wiki is sweet

some of us have a hard time understanding steps that more advanced coders know by heart.

example... how the heck do i save the code i'm working on with vi after i've edited it to allow me to add/delete pages?

thanks
    Press the ESC key, then you'll bring up the save/exit prompt by pressing ':'

then you type in one of the following

w - write changes and continue editing
    q - quit
    q! - This will force a quit and won't save any changes you made
    wq - this will write the changes and quit Vi

Hope this helps a little!
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 06/14/2009 at 09:22 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    You bring up the save/exit prompt by pressing ':'

then you type in one of the following

w - write changes and continue editing
    q - quit
    q! - This will force a quit and won't save any changes you made
    wq - this will write the changes and quit Vi

Hope this helps a little!
    Thanks a lot... however when i type ":" (without quotes) it literally types the colon. and then types out the w or q
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    Thanks a lot... however when i type ":" (without quotes) it literally types the colon. and then types out the w or q
    I forgot an important step, please read my edit above
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    If anyone could tell me how to transfer files to and from the Pre that would be a great help. I'm trying to use Fugu SCP on the Mac but it won't accept my Password, but I can login via SSH with that user name and password.

Thanks, Tim
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    you sir are the man.

sorry if i hijacked!
    Check out weboshelp.net. There are some tutorials there that should get you started. Start with the bottom of the list first and work your way up.
    regarding the nintendo emulator: FCEUltra .... how do i compile this like the wiki says?
    If anyone could tell me how to transfer files to and from the Pre that would be a great help. I'm trying to use Fugu SCP on the Mac but it won't accept my Password, but I can login via SSH with that user name and password.

Thanks, Tim

Well, you could setup an FTP server, try to get SCP up and running, or something else that is cool...

..or you could just copy your files to your Pre in USB mode and then access those files from /media/internal
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Well, you could setup an FTP server, try to get SCP up and running, or something else that is cool...

..or you could just copy your files to your Pre in USB mode and then access those files from /media/internal
    Yes... that will work fine also

Scuba Steve saves the day again!
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Yes... that will work fine also

Scuba Steve saves the day again!

For the record, I have stolen every good idea that I post

cheers,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    yea we're going to start developing on Pre as well, any info would be nice.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!