Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Since we're talking about changing graphics, I should point out that the background images for the quick launch bar, the wave, the ripple when you tap the screen, the screen lock padlocks and a couple other images are in the /usr/palm/sysmgr/images folder.

well i guess im sticking to the ugly green dialer ......or wait to download a program like takephone...
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks! I used the black background for now as I'm not big into photoshop.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    How is the pendicator-ripple a .png? I mean, I know there exists .apng and that it actually works as a .png file... as shown on the wikipedia .apng page (filetype is actually .png)

But trying to open it with an .apng editor and even firefox leaves me with a static image.

I think it would be cool to replace it with a kind of lightning-rippling-out effect or something...but I'm not sure what approach to take.
    it would be fun to turn it into a crack i the screen instead of the ripple effect. if you look at all the images, you'll see that there is a sequence to the ripple, maybe it's animated on in the pre by putting together all the images?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i'm pretty sure it's like a 2 or 3 frame animation with an alpha transparency fade on it

also, i've already done some messing around with a few of those images listed:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/...4ed14e7317.jpg
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/12317043.jpg
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Well, i dont have enough post to post pictures of my new dialer. Which isnt anything special but i like it. Ill have to post it once i get enough post.

Here i changed the background to blue instead of green.

I changed the color of the phone to white. I think it looks better with the black background.
    Last edited by VisualAurava; 06/16/2009 at 09:49 PM.
    I'm lacking photoshop skill (though still learning). Is anybody using/wouldn't mind creating the 2 other files needed (listselectiononline.png & backdropphonescrollfade.png) for the "Sky" image that is presented when we activate our phones? I have attached the background image here. Thanks.

bump
    Cool... Thanks for the Luke Roberts pointer. Good stuff. I was using a different black background, I think from the Pre Dev wiki. I adapted one of the patterns, though. I think it looks pretty good.

Glad I can get rid of the horrid green dialer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Why? ppl in this forum are changing their background (including me) without an SDK. They are also enabling features that Palm didn't, the first time out.

All you need to do is goto the Pre Dev Wiki and know how to copy and paste.
    not if you run linux on your computer.. you're pretty much stuck unless you go through the hassle of getting a windows cd for virtualbox
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Cool... Thanks for the Luke Roberts pointer. Good stuff. I was using a different black background, I think from the Pre Dev wiki. I adapted one of the patterns, though. I think it looks pretty good.

siiick! wish i knew how to do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post

Could somebody make a WebOs app that will allow us to change the dialer background? It would be sooo much easier for everybody.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    We should have a gallery for the 3 different dialer backgrounds. That would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    We should have a gallery for the 3 different dialer backgrounds. That would be awesome.
    yea i 2nd that would be great.. im not to good with the linux commands so i just used the pic commands off the wiki that they hosted and it worked great.. would love some other options..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VisualAurava View Post
    Well, i dont have enough post to post pictures of my new dialer. Which isnt anything special but i like it. Ill have to post it once i get enough post.

Here i changed the background to blue instead of green.

I changed the color of the phone to white. I think it looks better with the black background.
    Can you post the dial button mine is still green and Id like to make it white like yours
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I'm waiting for full pretheming to become available. I've already got a site and designers waiting patiently lol
    Ok WTF, I have to make 10 post before I can post an image up here. what a joke

POST 1
    Post 2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast