Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't see any sort of commenting on the wiki, so I figured I'd ask my question here.

This article: pre dev wiki: Nintendo walks through getting an NES emulator up and running outside of classic.

My question is whether or not this allows you to launch it via the launcher, or do you have to boot into a special mode in order to use the emulator?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apolzon View Post
    I didn't see any sort of commenting on the wiki, so I figured I'd ask my question here.

This article: pre dev wiki: Nintendo walks through getting an NES emulator up and running outside of classic.

My question is whether or not this allows you to launch it via the launcher, or do you have to boot into a special mode in order to use the emulator?

Thanks!
    You need to chroot into debian to do this. Please see pre dev wiki: Debian for further instructions!

Thanks,
    nebj00la
    gonna give it some time for them to release a public consumption :P
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Not for the faint of heart that's for sure.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Useless to me, I want NES while on the go. Not to have a laptop next to me and CROOT in. kinda defeats the purpose when i can just use the laptop.....

I hope someone is working on it! I had one emulator for my instinct but it was gameboy and quite glitchy but it worked. I would love to get some rom love on my pre!
    SCK Manager
    I agree can't wait for an nes emulator or some quality games for the pre...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    any word on if any emulators are being worked on?
    I'd like to see some Gameboy emulation.

What's a smartphone with an advanced OS that can't let me play Pokemon?
    if any one could help me ive been trying to get the emulator on my palm pre but it asks me to download an image to my lineux descktop and I don't know if they mean mean to my comp. Desktop (windows xp) or that specific type of computer... Sry if the question sounds stupid but I'm new at this =P... If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it thanx
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I'd like to see some Gameboy emulation.

What's a smartphone with an advanced OS that can't let me play Pokemon?

Here ya go.

Application:Gnuboy - WebOS Internals
    Yes! A standalone NES emulator that can actually run on the phone would be great!
    Better yet I want to see CaSTaway, the Atari ST emulator. It lets me play the best dungeon crawl of all time: DUNGEON MASTER on my Treo 700p. But without any external SD card, I don't know how you'd ever get the ST Roms into a Pre.
  13. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    You could always install the terminal app, and write a script and launch it through there. I'm not sure if this would work, but it seems like it would in my head. I might give it a go later and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    if any one could help me ive been trying to get the emulator on my palm pre but it asks me to download an image to my lineux descktop and I don't know if they mean mean to my comp. Desktop (windows xp) or that specific type of computer... Sry if the question sounds stupid but I'm new at this =P... If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it thanx
    it does require a different desktop. you need a version of linux I believe. If you want to get more in depth google ubuntu for beginners and linux for beginners. you will find useful links and places to download a free version of many different linux OSes. It is not as simple to get the NES emulator going as say patches and homebrew. It will benefit you greatly to do a lil reading before diving in. Plus you may pick up some new and useful tricks along the way.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    oh yes.. this is the good stuff i'm talkin bout!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    oh yes.. this is the good stuff i'm talkin bout!
    wait.. i renege! i thought we had a link to a standalone.. i am saddened lol
    actually, a linux desktop isn't necessary. Resize2fs is a tool in linux, but I was able to find a windows version. I ran it to resize the debsmall.img file, and can now chroot into debian.
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    Oh wow...

interesting...

if only I knew how to use Linux.

Or how to build a WebOS app based around this...

I'm spending a substantial amount of time just learning HTML/JavaScript, I don't think I can afford to pick up linux on the way. Simply don't have the time.

I guess i'll have to wait until someone can figure out/palm releases a more powerful SDK and makes this technology available.

: /

Interesting find though! Didn't know this was available...
    I can't wait for an nes emulator to come out. That would be so great
    thanks windzilla ima go and try that now cuz i really want to have that nes emulator on my pre
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast