Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    glorifiedg, thanks for uploading your image -- worked perfectly!

EDIT: figured out my question, thanks.
    Last edited by Jonolee; 12/07/2009 at 04:18 PM.
    I've didn't look into it but I think you have to:

mkdir save

Then edit gb.sh:
    nano gb.sh

Add --savedir=/save/ before --scale=2, for example.
    still dont have any sound after the apt-get, but the games do run!.. is there a way i delete and re-install? No complaints though, really appreciate the work that has gone into making this easier on us un-experienced linux ppl.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob88899 View Post
    still dont have any sound after the apt-get, but the games do run!.. is there a way i delete and re-install? No complaints though, really appreciate the work that has gone into making this easier on us un-experienced linux ppl.
    I'm not very experienced in linux to...

Hmm, are you sure that there was no error on install? Run the same command again and see what pops and don't forget you have to be inside the debian chroot, type ./deb.sh before apt-get.

Sorry if I can't help more...
    il see if i can update again.. if it doesnt work i might try and delete everything off my phone, and try it again. i was also wondering how to acess the /media/cf/ folder to delete some of the corrupt roms i had. Could just be some patches i have applied never know?

dont worry about it, this is farther than i would have gotten.. great work guys!
    You can use internalz for example or you can:

rm romname.gbc
    Is there no fix for the yellow half screen yet? not a big deal, but just had to ask.

And also, how do I make the nes emulator work better? Mines really laggy
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    where do i find roms at?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Is there no fix for the yellow half screen yet? not a big deal, but just had to ask.

And also, how do I make the nes emulator work better? Mines really laggy
    I'll have to experiment with stuff to see if i can remove the yellow half screen. for now, you can at least make it solid yellow by doing the drag motion and scrolling down to move out the glitchy terminal text.

as for the nes emu speed, to speed it up try overclocking, but use at your own risk. i have no idea how this affects the pre's life. probably harmless.

Enter these two lines. It will overclock to 600 from the default 500mhz.

echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
    echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Enter these two lines to return to normal settings.

echo 500000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed
    echo 500000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Don't know why you have to enter the same line twice, but I'm just going by what the wiki said
    Last edited by dudestatus; 12/07/2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Thanks for the upload, glorifiedg! Playing my gameboy games on the Pre is cool, and also hard to control with the keyboard. I hope homebrew like this on the Pre will continue to evolve.
    hello all i installed the nes gb emulator at NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals and i keep getting an error acured error while loading roms i can get the code if that helps.
    There are two ways you can go about solving it, a combination is recommended. Bear in mind this is just a quick hack and not a real robust solution.

method 1:
    supress console error messages, so terminal output doesn't conflict with game output. This lets the bottom half of the screen stay black, which is it's initial state before the console debug rewrites over it in terrible resolution.
    to do this, type " 2>debug" at the end when you run your gnuboy or nes script. you can enter in > with the terminal by doing a combo of the shift key and '.'
    You can also modify the scripts to include this change which works just as well.

this will put all debug output in the file debug instead of on your screen.

This will make the bottom half of the screen black until luna, the gui tries to rewrite over it, which can happen if you receive a notification, if your signal changes, or if you touch the screen, prompting a screen rewrite. If you don't care for calls or notifications, you can have it stay black longer by putting your phone into airplane mode and refraining from touching the screen.

method 2:

experiment with different terminal background colors, and then scroll down to remove the terminal text. This is a more permanent solution. If you set your terminal background white in preferences, then instead of a yellow square you'll have a white one. If you set your terminal background to red, it will be grey instead of yellow. the previously yellow background was actually a conversion of the black terminal background after experiencing the temporary color format changes caused by gnuboy.
    Last edited by dudestatus; 12/07/2009 at 01:32 AM.
    no dice still getting an error
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSonic View Post
    Thanks for the upload, glorifiedg! Playing my gameboy games on the Pre is cool, and also hard to control with the keyboard. I hope homebrew like this on the Pre will continue to evolve.
    credit goes to dudestatus his the one who actually made this possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    credit goes to dudestatus his the one who actually made this possible.
    Well I really just strung together a few available components with a bit of scripting and config magic . Big thanks to the terminal people for giving us a way to access the backend, and I would be interested on how this was done. There was some work done mentioned about the FCEUX nes emulator running without the need for a debian chroot, only requiring a few packages from preware, and this might be possible with gnuboy as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to find these packages last I checked.

see xorg posts at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...alm-pre-2.html

If I'm able to install gnuboy outside of debian, it could be packaged as an ipk and potentially downloaded via preware. If this works, I would be interested in coding a front end webos app. Roms could be downloaded with the webos browser even, and the app would search that default dl directory and launch by doing the back end work behind the scenes, basically acting like the terminal, except making the scripts behind the scenes and giving you a touch interface to launch them. Pm me if interested in working on something like this. No promises, just something I might look into.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    Well I really just strung together a few available components with a bit of scripting and config magic . Big thanks to the terminal people for giving us a way to access the backend, and I would be interested on how this was done. There was some work done mentioned about the FCEUX nes emulator running without the need for a debian chroot, only requiring a few packages from preware, and this might be possible with gnuboy as well. Unfortunately, I was unable to find these packages last I checked.

see xorg posts at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...alm-pre-2.html

If I'm able to install gnuboy outside of debian, it could be packaged as an ipk and potentially downloaded via preware. If this works, I would be interested in coding a front end webos app. Roms could be downloaded with the webos browser even, and the app would search that default dl directory and launch by doing the back end work behind the scenes, basically acting like the terminal, except making the scripts behind the scenes and giving you a touch interface to launch them. Pm me if interested in working on something like this. No promises, just something I might look into.
    i was able to download the gnuboy source and install it without debian chroot. This is done via:
    ipkg-opt update
    ipkg-opt install gcc
    (download gnuboy 1.0.3 source to root)
    gunzip gnuboy-1.0.3.tar.gz
    tar -xf gnuboy-1.0.3.tar
    cd gnuboy-1.0.3
    ./configure
    make
    make install

However, i couldnt find and install directfb so when gnuboy installed, it installed as fbgnuboy and when you try to run it, it says something along the lines of this terminal is not a graphical terminal.

I would be willing to work with the linux portion of that project but I am not experienced in the Java nor CSS required for writing the frontend of this app. If someone can find a directfb that will work with ARM architecture, this is very possible.

EDIT: wait, just read xorgs post about directfb availiable on preware... Lemme give this a shot and see
    RE-EDIT: well, it seems the direct frame buffer was taken off preware, if anyone has a link to this file, lemme know...
    Last edited by Tag234; 12/07/2009 at 01:04 PM.
    alright well i successfully installed sdl, directfb and gnuboy WITHOUT debian.

sdl:
    ipkg-opt update
    ipkg-opt install sdl sdl-dev

directfb:
    recieved from preyourmind.org's repo...

gnuboy-1.0.3:
    downloaded and compiled linux source

Now, with directfb and sdl installed, the source correctly compiled into sdlgnuboy and fbgnuboy. However, when i try to run with the normal start script (including SDL_VIDEODRIVER="directfb") i get a:

SDL: Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device.
    Signal 11

This points to possibly directfb not working correctly? Or else because sdl is contained within /opt/ and directfb is installed elsewhere, this is causing problems? Im not sure, ill play with this more tonight after i take my final >.>

EDIT: dfbinfo doesnt exist leading me to believe directfb isnt running correctly, ill get rid of the ipk version from preyourmind and try to compile it myself tonight...
    Last edited by Tag234; 12/07/2009 at 02:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    alright well i successfully installed sdl, directfb and gnuboy WITHOUT debian.

sdl:
    ipkg-opt update
    ipkg-opt install sdl sdl-dev

directfb:
    recieved from preyourmind.org's repo...
    HOW did you grab this from the repo... I can't seem to get it. I can see it in preware...but it keeps telling me that the ipk is corrupt... I set up the feed manually.

gnuboy-1.0.3:
    downloaded and compiled linux source

Now, with directfb and sdl installed, the source correctly compiled into sdlgnuboy and fbgnuboy. However, when i try to run with the normal start script (including SDL_VIDEODRIVER="directfb") i get a:

SDL: Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device.
    Signal 11

This points to possibly directfb not working correctly? Or else because sdl is contained within /opt/ and directfb is installed elsewhere, this is causing problems? Im not sure, ill play with this more tonight after i take my final >.>

EDIT: dfbinfo doesnt exist leading me to believe directfb isnt running correctly, ill get rid of the ipk version from preyourmind and try to compile it myself tonight...

I have also compiled through debian and got gnuboy to for but not NES through Fceux
    i used the fceu emu from the debian package system (did not compile the source) and it works fullspeed on my pre (with smartrefelx 600 patch), but sound isnt working, dont know if that would slow it down further.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    i used the fceu emu from the debian package system (did not compile the source) and it works fullspeed on my pre (with smartrefelx 600 patch), but sound isnt working, dont know if that would slow it down further.
    What was your source for the package?
    Screenshots?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast