Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 325
  1. #141  
    @glorifiedg
    Also, thanks a lot for uploading your debian image with all this pre installed (pun rofl). I want to post something like that on the wiki, but it can't contain roms because it's only legal to have roms of games you own, and someone else downloading that image might not own the games you do
    Last edited by dudestatus; 12/05/2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: noticed pun
  2. #142  
    This is freakin sweet. Any current way to open this up as a card so that I can text / receive notifications without having to shut this down?

    Just something to pause it...or is this not possible at all? or if it is, is it in the works?

    SICK
    NY Giants fan?

    Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerials View Post
    Because one of my posts is being moderated (probably because I tried to post a few links), I'll retry:

    There is an emulator Mednafen that apparently works much faster on a Linux system and emulates a lót more (Atari Lynx, GameBoy (Color), GameBoy Advance, NES, PC Engine(TurboGrafx 16), SuperGrafx, Neo Geo Pocket (Color), PC-FX, and WonderSwan (Color)). Half of these I've never even heard of...

    It's based on the same open source code as VisualBoyAdvance, but with the right settings it should (could) work a lot better.
    (Read this on a number of sites, o.a. ubuntuforums.org showthread.php?t=645925)

    Is anyone able to perhaps try this one out?

    A sample config file if necessary can be found here:
    fileden.com /files /2007 /2/23/813212/ mednafen.cfg
    ill give this a shot and report back in about an hour. I got mednafen to install so shouldnt be too long

    EDIT: i didnt give it that much time but i got it running (GBA tested only)... Its slow with messed up colors and i cant seem to resize the screen... It also crashes my pre before it even gets to the game menu >.>

    Right from mednafen's forums:
    Gameboy Advance emulation requires at least a 1.2GHz Celeron, or equivalent, processor.

    It probably wont happen until theres a more powerful SDK for the Pre :-\
    Last edited by Tag234; 12/05/2009 at 11:38 PM.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    This is freakin sweet. Any current way to open this up as a card so that I can text / receive notifications without having to shut this down?

    Just something to pause it...or is this not possible at all? or if it is, is it in the works?

    SICK
    at this point, nope :-\ It doesnt run in WebOS at all which makes it unmanageable
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    when I installed the nes emu, I'm pretty sure I did not use apt-get, and instead downloaded the FCEUX source from the webiste with wget in debian, extracted, and then compiled in debian. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll add a line in the wiki for the correct wget command to download the source.

    EDIT: misunerstood. realize now that the 404 is because the source is no longer hosted on the site. it is on sourceforge instead. you can still at least for now download from wget (i'll put up a link). Downloading from sourceforge and transferring the file over works as well.
    After an apt-get update all went nice.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    @glorifiedg
    Also, thanks a lot for uploading your debian image with all this pre installed (pun rofl). I want to post something like that on the wiki, but it can't contain roms because it's only legal to have roms of games you own, and someone else downloading that image might not own the games you do
    I've installed all from 0 and now I have the debian img with 750MB with gameboy and NES (not nicelly playable unfortunatly) installed. I'll try to upload it tomorrow and post it on the wiki without the roms.
  7. #147  
    Would anyone happen to know where and how gnuboy generates the save files for each game?

    I'd like to upload one of my old save files and see if I can continue on. I'd hate to beat all those gym leaders for their badges all over again. haha.

    Any ideas?
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Would anyone happen to know where and how gnuboy generates the save files for each game?

    I'd like to upload one of my old save files and see if I can continue on. I'd hate to beat all those gym leaders for their badges all over again. haha.

    Any ideas?
    Haha pokemons the greatest.
    NY Giants fan?

    Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  9. #149  
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

    Uploading the package as we speak.

    Any question or error please report.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Would anyone happen to know where and how gnuboy generates the save files for each game?

    I'd like to upload one of my old save files and see if I can continue on. I'd hate to beat all those gym leaders for their badges all over again. haha.

    Any ideas?
    You need to specifiy the Save dir when start gnuboy with the --savedir= option. I created a directory in my chroot called saved and used --savedir=/save/.
  11. #151  
    well im dling as we speak... il let you know how well it goes haha.
  12. Diyhai's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #152  
    much appreciated glorifiedg
  13. #153  
    this is nice.. I wish there was a way to install without the use of a pc
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    this is nice.. I wish there was a way to install without the use of a pc
    If you have a ftp server or something like that to upload the files you can.
  15. #155  
    I cant get it to work with the newer instructions. Something about mount failed: Device or resource busy after the last step of the setup.
  16. #156  
    well i installed it and it works@! i played flight of the intruder.. it didnt have sound.. but it was def playable! Thanks guys for all the hardwork!!
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    I cant get it to work with the newer instructions. Something about mount failed: Device or resource busy after the last step of the setup.
    Don't mind that error, keep doing all things further.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by bob88899 View Post
    well i installed it and it works@! i played flight of the intruder.. it didnt have sound.. but it was def playable! Thanks guys for all the hardwork!!
    Thats odd because I had sound in Gnuboy but now I don't have anymore. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can figure whats causing this.

    EDIT: made it. For those who are having sound problems simply type inside the debian chroot: apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-all
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 12/06/2009 at 02:40 PM.
  19. #159  
    Is it also normal for when you type ./deb.sh for a no such file found error?
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Is it also normal for when you type ./deb.sh for a no such file found error?
    Depends if you're already inside the debian chroot or not.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions